Chapter 6

Ben's P.O.V

It's been a week now since Eve's attempted escape. We have stationed guards in front of her room and the maids are careful now for not leaving anything that could be used as a potential weapon. She has barely eaten and refuses to leave her room. Sebastian tries to cox her out with gifts and cakes, but she only lashes out at him. Even though I haven't seen her I can feel her emotions like a dark cloud. Sadness, fear, anger and home sickness emanates from her every day and every night. I can feel it as if it were my very own emotions and ever since we brought her here, I haven't been able to look at her. I'm riddled with guilt for taking her from everything that she knows and bringing her here to such a foreign world. I didn't want a pet. I didn't want to own a human being for myself, I never have. It's such an outdated concept to still have in the twentieth century, but my brothers seem to still love the idea. Thriving from fear, the chase, to have someone as their possession.

But when I saw her, smelt her. I couldn't help myself, I wanted her to be mine and mine alone. I wanted to devour her but at the same time take care of her. I should have known she was a slayer. Their made for creatures like us to be drawn too, made to be completely irresistible and then they take that opportunity to kill us. Well I mean that's what the stories say. She's the first one I have ever seen in person and god she is beautiful. There hasn't been a slayer reported in centuries, not until now. Maybe they're in hiding like we are. The freaks of this world.

I turned on the light to the garage, illuminating all our cars lined up in a neat row like a show room. I think I might take the black TESLA tonight, its quitter than the others. I don't want any humans waking up during the night, especially her home was on a family friendly suburban street.

''where are you going?'' Sebastian asks, appearing behind me.

I roll my eyes; I swear does he have anything better to do than always watching me wherever I go ''Out'' I say bluntly to him while continuing to open the car door. I sit in the car, turning on the ignition.

I see him still in the corner of my eye, now standing close to the outside driver's side window. His arms crossed like a disapproving mother, waiting for me to put down the window.

I sigh irritably and bring down the window ''what?'' I say, narrowing my eyes at him.

He arches an eyebrow at me ''what if her father is there?'' he questions. Already reading my mind to what I'm doing, honestly, I don't even know why he even bothers asking me when he invades my thoughts anyway.

''it's polite to ask Benjamin'' He says pointedly. Once again just answering my unspoken thoughts.

I sigh frustratingly once more, closing my eyes and pinching the bridge of my nose ''get out of my head'' I said, holding the restraint to strangle him.

''He could be a slayer you know. Someone had to of taught her how to fight'' Sebastian continues.

I shrug ''Well then I guess I'll get slain'' I said sarcastically.

Sebastian narrows his eyes at me disapprovingly ''I'm serious Benjamin'' He says sternly ''at least let me come with you'' he says with a gentle voice.

Oooh I see what this is.

I look up at him full view, smirk on my face ''you want to see her childhood home don't you. This has nothing to do with my safety'' I mused.

He frowns ''of course I'm thinking about your safety'' he points, then looks away from me and onto the ground ''and maybe understand her a bit more'' he mutters under his breath.

I chuckle and shake my head in response, putting the car in reverse as the garage door slowly opens.

''Please Ben can I come'' he pouts at me.