Chapter Four: To The Kirby World!

Bandana, Kirby, Galacta Knight and Sword Knight began to sprint towards Castle Dedede, Sword being supported by Galacta Knight as he was exhausted. They could smell fire before they could see the castle on top of the hill. Dark smoke billowed from windows, nearby a giant airship, the Halberd, floating beside it as small, unidentifiable creatures, presumably the crew on the ship, jumped from it, attacking other figures, presumably the Dark Matter.

"Oh no..." Sword groaned, forcing himself up on his own, without any support. He shook the fatigue out of himself and held his sword up high. "Come on! We gotta help!"

"Heh. Do we have to?" Galacta Knight rolled her eyes. "I mean, only King Dedede-"

"Haven't you forgotten the secret library? Or where we live?!" Sword yelped before running off into battle. Galacta Knight gasped, before diving into battle too. Kirby looked at Bandana Dee, who's eyes were wide in fear. It was one of his first real battles. Kirby motioned for the Dee to stay there before running off and joining the fray.

The Dee looked on from the hill, gripping his spear as the anxiety bubbled up inside. A voice inside pulled him in two different directions.

You shouldn't fight them now. It's dangerous!

But you should help Kirby! He can help you too!

But you heard all about Dark Matter! It brought down Meta Knight, the legend!!

BUT KIRBY NEEDS YOUR HELP!!

Bandana Dee shifted uncomfortably, hopping from one foot to the other in a panicked worry. He then slapped himself, put on a determined face, and ran up the hill, to the castle, spear ready to kebab a Dark Matter. He ran through the drawbridge to find a hoard of Dark Matter, all armed with swords and axes and whatnot. They were all fighting Galacta, Kirby, Waddle Dees, Sword Knight and Blade Knight. There were also members of the Meta-Knights, like Axe and Mace, who wielded their respective axe and mace.

Eep!! This was scary! Bandana Dee gasped inside his head and began to fight. He rammed his spear into the side of one Dark Matter, one which was just about to overpower Blade. He gave a nod of thanks before running into another battle. Suddenly, he was jumped by one Swordsman Dark Matter.

He managed to just parry the attack. The Dark Matter thrusted its sword at Bandana, who parried before attempting a counterattack. He jumped to evade a low sweeping swipe from a sword. He carried himself into the air, using into his spear like a helicopter. He aimed his spear down onto the Swordsman and shoved his spear into its head. The Dark Matter shrieked and dissipated into negative stardust, or whatever the opposite of stardust is.

Bandana Dee squeaked in shock, the adrenaline coursing through his body, before thinking, hey, this fighting is pretty fun!

A few minutes later, Bandana Dee had taken down five of them, a piles of twilight stardust gathering at his feet. He was on a roll; fighting was so much fun compared to what he thought it was!

Suddenly he heard a gasp from behind him. Sword Knight was tackled to the ground by a Dark Matter Swordsman, his own blade getting thrown to the side. Bandana Dee shoved the Dark Matter off of the knight before it could impale him. He stuck out his paw and pulled the knight to his feet.

"Thanks, Bandana Waddle Dee," Sword said before running off. Sword and Blade knew Bandana because Kirby had introduced them five years prior. He thought it was surprising that a Waddle Dee could be a fighter, or at least more competent than the hopeless Waddle Dees of King Dedede's army.

Speaking of Dedede, where was he? He certainly wasn't around the castle at the time of the attack, but he hadn't been seen for a while either... People had started to get worried, but mostly it was more peaceful than when he was around.