Chapter Five: Rescue Time!

"Why do we even trust you?" Galacta Knight murmured as Magolor flinched. "For all we know, you're still a scoundrel."

"Eep! I'm sorry, Galacta!! I was under the influence by Master Crown! It tempted me!" Magolor squeaked, looking through the glass of the ship. He was at the wheel, however the Lor Starcutter could pilot itself. "Lor, scan Whispy Woods and Ice Cream Islands for heat sources and for any cave entrances."

A mechanical whirring noise and a few beeps let Magolor know it was doing the scan.

"Thanks, Lor! You're the best!" Magolor cried, hugging the nearest ship wall. Kirby rolled his eyes at Bandana, who laughed silently. He couldn't draw in the ground, so he had grabbed a pen and paper from a desk. He liked swapping from drawings and writing, as some of you may have noticed. He passed Kirby a note. 

Do you think he's in love with his ship?

Kirby giggled. "Yeeah."

"I hope we find them soon." He wrote. Kirby nodded in agreement. After a few minutes of silence, with Rowlet snoozing on Kirby's head, Magolor yelled in excitement.

"Kirby! I've found it!" Magolor cried. "Multiple heat signals are underground, the entrance near where I said, the Ice Cream Islands!"

Everyone crowded around the front of the ship, looking out the front window, which had converted into a screen. On the screen it showed a dark cave entrance on the side of a cliff, a blood red eye glowing in the deep darkness. It was definitely the Hyper Zone, but compacted, condensed into a cave. How on earth they never found it before was beyond them.

"How do we access it?" Sword Knight asked. "We have to sneak in, but the Lor's too big and probably too loud to go there without attracting attention."

"Hey, my Lor's not that loud!" Magolor huffed.

"Well, most of us can fly, right?" Coo said. "Raise your hand if you can fly."

Rowlet, Galacta Knight, Coo, Bandana Dee, Kirby and Magolor raised their hand/paw/wing.

"Ah... I'm the only one here who can't fly." Sword managed a chuckle. Through his helmet he managed to convey the emotion of slight embarrassment as he grabbed the back of his concealed neck with his glove and swayed gently on his feet. "Hang on, Bandana, you can fly? How come I've never seen that?"

Bandana raised his spear and twirled it around so quickly he floated upwards a few feet like a helicopter. That earnt an awe-struck "woah" from the knight.. Bandana Dee then handed the knight a piece of paper that read, "The Waddle Copter!"

"And I can just float," Magolor shrugged with his floaty gloves. "So... Galacta Knight, will you carry Sword Knight in?"

"Sure! I can do that." Galacta Knight replied. "So, what's the plan?"

"Sneak in. Wreak havoc. Fight Dark Matter until we're just about ready to die ourselves, I guess." Magolor said, winking. "Okay okay, we'll make a real plan!" He added when Galacta Knight gave him a suspicious glare.

"I think we could use the Lor Starcutter as a distraction," Sword Knight said. "Like, make some noise to draw them out, the Lor destroys them as we sneak in and free everyone."

"Eep! But what if my Starcuttergets damaged? What-what if-?" Magolor cried, but soon shut up after realizing there was no sweet-talking his way out of this. He twiddled his thumbs as the rest of the group planned.

"Magolor, you're going to be piloting the Lor. You need to blow up something, anything as long as it isn't a landmark or the islands themselves. When the Dark Matter sees you, they'll follow you and that's when you need to drive the Lor away while provoking them with lasers." Galacta Knight decided. Magolor nodded sheepishly, not wanting to anger the lady warrior. His eyes glowed maliciously as he began the thought of blowing stuff up.