Chapter Six: A Wild Marx Appeared!

Ash fiddled with the radio transmitter, pressing the green button. It whirred to life, assorted beeps and bops and other technical bleeps. The screen lit up, and suddenly it began to vibrate as if it was dialling another phone. Ash stood outside the Lor Starcutter with everyone else. Professor Kukui could not focus less- still hyped up with Pep Brew. He was running around, not tired at all, trying to get rid of all the excess energy he had gotten from the potion.

"Is my beautiful wife answering yet?" Kukui asked impatiently, still jogging and spinning around, almost tripping in the sand. His Braviary watched him intently, with confused curiosity. The teacher really, just, was not himself at all after the Brew. "Those kids and Burnet should probably answer quickly, you know!"

Suddenly, the vibrating stopped- and the scientists and rest of the class appeared on the screen. They smiled, and Ash giggled.

"Hi, guys!" Ash exclaimed. "We've got them! It took a while, and some things went horribly wrong, but we've got Kirby and Galacta Knight!" He sometimes had a habit of being too honest for his own good.

"Hi, Ash!" Lusamine said. "How are you?"

"And what do you mean by "it took a while" and "some things when horribly wrong"?" Lillie's brother Gladion, who had joined them in the brief time they were gone. He crossed his arms. "That makes it sound like... well, something went horribly wrong."

"I'll explain a bit later, but when you open the portal, excuse the Professor's excited behaviour. He had this brew from Kirby's world and... He's a bit mad. Also, we've got some new members of the team!"

"I'll have you know I'm perfectly fine, Ash!!" Kukui laughed hysterically, clenching his fists, and punching the air, just like Ash had done before. "The Pep Brew made me feel excellently energized!!" There were practically stars in his eyes.

Ash rolled his eyes as the portal opened. It grew wider and wider, until it could have fit the entire Lor Starcutter in there. It was a shame, in Kirby and Magolor's opinion, that he could not bring it, as he was not allowed to, and the science lab was too small to fit it in.

"Hi!!" The students called. In walked Ash, Professor Kukui, Pikachu, Kirby, Galacta Knight, Bandana Dee, Sword and Blade walked in. Coo had left to keep Whispy Woods company.

"Now I know what you mean when you got new members," Wicke said. "Welcome, you all, to Alola! Right now, you're in the Aether Foundation's lab room."

"And you're here to aid us in getting rid of a mad fellow named Marx." Burnet added before grinning slightly. "Now I know what you mean by Kukui's gone mad... he looks like he can run a marathon without getting tired."

"You're right, I can!" The Professor giggled giddily. "You've got to try Pep Brew sometime!!"

"Uhm," Galacta Knight began. "It has a very... peculiar effect on humans. It's like your high or on drugs, but Pep Brew is all... non drugs and it doesn't do that to us. Perhaps it's a bit too potent for humans, as puffs need more concentrated stuff for it to work. Kukui, you had like a tablespoon. That seems to be way too much. It's supposed to only replenish your energy to the point you're fine, not... overexcited."

"But I'm fine! Just fine!" Kukui insisted, still buzzing around. He was jittery, like he had too many cups of tea or coffee, or too much caffeine in general. His hands shook and his eyes were permanently widened- his face contorted into a wide grin. It was kind of frightening. "I can still- I can still teach!!"

"I think we need to stop your teaching for today, Kukui." Burnet shrugged, putting a hand on Kukui's shoulder. "We'll get everyone back to the schoolgrounds. You can try and-"