Chapter 23

I pushed him onto his back and barked in his ear. He screeched and shrunk away from me, rubbing his ear.
"You baby!" I laughed.
"Want me to bark in your ear?" He sounded annoyed. "God that hurts!"

"Sorry." I walked up to him and placed my head under his. He yanked his head away and turned away from me. "Grayson!" I growled playingly.
"What?!" At that moment a wiff of mango and dr pepper lip balm (Yes those are my favorite smells.) hit me. I knew Grayson smelled it to because he stuck his nose in the air. I drank in the scent. We finally looked at each other, our eyes wide and our mouths watering. I jerked my head back and looked at him with confusion. "Holy-" He said before I tackled him and started to lick him on the cheeks.
"The moon gods and goddesses!" I didn't have to say much more because he understood.

A tingle went down my spine when he touched me, flipping me onto my back. He started to bite down on the side of my neck. I freaked out. I remembered when I was being attacked by Apollo. "Please! Please! Stop!" I started to hyperinflate.
He backed off and looked at me worried. "What's wrong?" Started to lick my forehead. "Please calm down."
"I'm sorry." My breathing slowed at his touch. "It..It..It's nothing."
"No something's wrong I can feel it." He touched noses with me. "Please tell me."
"I said nothing's wrong!" I snapped and then backing up as his face drooped. "I'm sorry." I started to get up and bound around to make the mood happy. I pushed him up with my hip. "Show me how to lie! You’re getting better all the time! And turning all against the one! Is an art that’s hard to teach! Another clever word! Sets off an unsuspecting herd! And as you step back into line! A mob jumps to their feet!" I exclaimed bounding/running around.
His eyes light up. "Now dance, fucker, dance! Man, he never had a chance! And no one even knew! It was really only you!" He started to bound around with me. (Let's see who knows this song *crouches with eyes narrowed, looking around*)

   As midnight came close, I plopped down in a bed of flowers in the middle of a field. I pawed at Grayson's face and laughed. "You're a cutie." I smiled as he stood over me and pinned me down.
"Are you ready?" I nodded my head and moved my head. He bit down again and then started to lick the wound. "You're mine." He murmered, ruffling my fur with his breath. "No one's going to take you away from me. No one." He growled. I touched noses with him and then licked his ear. "Stay with me. Then tomorrow when can go and get your stuff."
"Wait." I jolted. "Where we going to go? Where we gonna stay?"
He moved his jeans and pulled out a key with his teeth and flung it at me. I sniffed it and then gave Grayson a you-did-not-just- look. "Grayson!" I exclaimed. "Where's it at?"
He lifted his paw and tapped me on the nose. "You'll find out tomorrow."
I was full of joy. I couldn't wait! God, it was killing me to know. I settled down next to him and closed my eyes, falling into deep sleep.
"I love you." I heard a voice say.

How are you? The voice of my father returned.

Oh now you want to return? I snapped and tried to jolt myself awake.

I opened my eyes and looked around at the dew cover grass and purple flowers, the sun light glimed on them. Taking a big wiff of the air, I lifted my head. Mango and dr pepper lip balm. My mouth watered and my belly rumbled. "I thought you'd be hungry." He said pushing a rabbit toward me. I deavored it in big hungry gulps. This wasn't a hare or deer but it was something. I licked my lips and then quickly thought of the new house. I shot up and jumped around. "House! House! House! House!" I said jumping around.
"Okay. Okay." He said shaking his head to and fro.
"Eek!" Wait when did I become a barbie girl? NO that's not me. Calm Angelika, calm. I planted my feet and stared at him. "Let's go."

 As we made our way back to Apollo's pack house, I was becoming more scared and more scared. Grayson pressed himself close against me. He smelled my fear. "It's okay hunny. Go in get your stuff, flip them off and get out." I smiled and my fear faded away. "I'll stay here and if you need me, whistle."  I nodded.