CHAPTER 9

"What do you mean by that!!??", said Max in a worried tone.

Max tried to come a bit near to Sarah but she backed off. He knew how to answer her.

"JUST TELL ME WHO ARE YOU!!!", shouted Sarah at Max

"Are you a Mafia??", she said taking a step back.

Max took steps towards and she kept backing off . He simply pinned her to the wall and whispered in her ear softly, "Yes I am". Sarah laughed at him and then pressed on his chest to get out of his hold. "Do you think I can believe that??" , she said while smirking. "Well...If you are not a stupid, you wouldn't believe would you??" ,he said while giving a smirk as she got out of his hold. "umm....I know you aren't so just shut up and go to sleep!!!" ,said Sarah going on to the bed to take rest as she was very tired after that hectic day. "Phew!! My identity was about to get yeah she is!!", he whispered to himself. "Did you say something!!??", said Sarah in a sleepy voice. "No!! I didn't..", he said taking a deep sigh.

~The next day~

Max and Sarah return back as they both weren't in the condition of continuing their "so called" honeymoon. As they both returned, Sarah tried to ask Max about the divorce around a 100 times but his dad kept him busy all the time that they Max didn't even had time to come back home and take some rest. "Agghhh!! It's irritating me now!!! I will go to his office to talk to him!!!", said Sarah when she got really annoyed. She called Max to ask him his office address:

Sarah: Yahh!! I can't tolerate it anymore!! I am coming to your office...send me your office' address immediately!!

Max: You really don't need to-

Sarah: SEND IT IMMEDIATELY!!!!!!!!!

She ended the call and waited for him to send her the address. He sent her the address.

~at the detective headquarters~

"Ok...so we all must act like simple office workers...", announced Detective K as all the other junior detectives stood around him. "Sir...don't you think all of this is a bit stupid?? I can just simply go home and just give her a divorce.." ,he said as they both went into Max's cabin. "Do you really think I would let you!!??", said Detective K in an simple yet annoying tone. "But sir...even you know we both didn't developed any feeling for each other...we don't even like each other!!", said Max in a anxious tone. "Well then...develop those feelings..I can't find a better girl than her", said Detective K without caring about the stares Max was giving him at the moment. "Do you really think she is strong!!!??? She just kept crying when she saw my bleeding hand that day!!! What will happen with her in future then!!???", said Max. "Don't you think that means she cares about you??", said Detective K with a smirk.

Max thought for a moment...

"Well...I don't care!!!", he said and started working what he was doing before. He kept thinking about that day when Sarah cried her eyes out seeing his hand in that condition. His thoughts were broken when Sarah entered his cabin in a rush like Earth was about to burst!!

"MR. MAXWELL!!!! WHY THE HELL ARE YOU TRYING TO IGNORE ME!!!!????", she shouted without even caring that everyone was peeking through the cabin windows.

"Well...there was no need to shout please sit down and talk calmly", Max said inna stern voice.

"Do you really expect me to calm when you are trying to ignore me since 2 weeks!!", She again shouted but in a little low pitch.

"It's not even 2 weeks since we got married Ms. Sarah.", he said in a calm voice so that the juniors peeking couldn't hear. He couldn't hold it anymore and gave all of them a simple stare and they all rushed back to their works.
Max stood up from his chair and went till the windows to close the curtains. He came back and again asked her to sit down without being so much angry.

After a moment, Sarah sat down on a nearby chair and calmed herself down..She realised how awkward it was that all the colleagues of her husband were staring at her as she made a chaos in the office.

"So...I want you to please explain your dad about the divorce because I can't handle it anymore...I just can't keep sitting like that...Even I want to be independent and go to work!!", she says as he sighs. "Can you please go and talk to him on your own??", Max said in a calm tone.

After a second, Detective K enters the cabin with coffee in his hand for Max and Sarah. Sarah greets him as he sits on the seat next to Sarah. As they keep chatting, Sarah brings the topic of divorce immediately as she didn't wanted to delay it anymore.

"Father in law sir...actually Me and Max don't really love each other...we never did. We both want to get separated because he has a different path and I have my own different path so we request you to please allow us", Sarah said. Max felt a bit awkward and thought of getting up from there but Sarah didn't let him. She continued, "I know you know about this thing from very long but you never mentioned it in front of us but its just...I can't take it anymore sir."

Detective K sighed. "I know what you want but its just I have always thought that you were perfect for my son. I know you since very long and that's why I got you both married. Actually in real we all are-" " Sarah!! Your dad called me an hour ago saying that he needs you for a really important work....you should go immediately!!", Max cut off Detective K making Sarah stand and handing her over the keys so that she could go back home. "At least let me hear him-" "Your dad needs you immediately he told me!!", he cut her off and sent her out. When he saw that she had gone, he turned towards giving him 'are u serious!?' looks. "I mean sir...how can u disclose my identity and everyone's identity!!?? You don't even know for how long she will be here!!", Max said in a worried tone. "I dont think this is the right time...and we should actually never tell her", he added.

"Well I don't think it can be a secret for very long..", Detective K said to him in a serious tone. He got up to leave and before leaving he whispered something which was easily audible to Max,

"Do you really think You both will be able to get separated??" 😏

TO BE CONTINUED...

Hii guys!! I really hope you like this part...well it wasn't so fun though but I promise the upcoming parts will be fun..😄

Tell me in the comments if you enjoyed it...👍 

I purple you all!! 💜💜