CHAPTER 12

As they both were in the same position, Max was standing shook and Sarah was in her own world.

"S-sarah...Sarah..SARAH", shouted Max because Sarah wasn't listening to him. She got out of his embrace in a jerk feeling embarrassed.

"Umm..let's go out and do something fun for your birthday!", said Sarah trying to end the awkwardness between them.

"Like what fun?", Max asked with a confused face.

"You'll see.."

Sarah and Max went to a big restaurant because first Sarah was taking him to a club but he told her that he won't drink. They enjoyed a lot and even cut a cake for Max' birthday.

~time skip~~at the mansion~ 

"aahh..It was tiring..let's sleep now...", said Sarah while sitting on the sofa. Even though she hated sleeping there but she was now comfortable.

"ohh right..I got to know that the result of the exam have come", Max said while looking through his phone. 

"WHAT!!!!??", Sarah shrieked as she snatched the phone from his hand.

"Hey!!", Max said with a pouting face because she snatched the phone like that.

A moment after, tears formed in Sarah's eyes and Max got shocked too see her like this for the first time.

"Wait..why are you crying? You passed the exam with such good marks..not even that..you topped the exams!!", Max said trying to stop her from crying.

"I-I am just t-too happy...I d-didn't expect this to h-happen so fast", she said sniffing.

Max sighed and told her to sleep as tomorrow was her big day.

~the next day~~Detective's headquarters~

"CONGRATULATIONS SARAH!!!!!", screamed everyone in the office including Detective K. 

"Thankyou so much!! I can't tell how happy I am today!!", said Sarah smiling like an idiot. (lol, sorry😂)

Everyone was there except Max. She got to know that he had a mission so he couldn't come at the party which was organized by her father in law at the office.

"Sarah..you did really great!! I didn't expect you to get such good marks..!", said Detective K laughing.

"aahh..I think you underestimated me..didn't you, father in law sir??", Sarah said with a sarcastic smile.

"Now, since you have become a junior detective, you can simply call me sir", he said.

"Yeah..of course sir! ", replied Sarah.

For sometime they all enjoyed their own time. After around  2-3 hours they all went back to their work and Detective K called Sarah to his office.

"Sarah..I have a mission for you and I hope you do it correctly..", said Detective K in a serious tone. 

"uhh..yeah sir..but I am just a bit nervous", Sarah said with a nervous grin.

"ohh don't worry..In this mission, you will be together with Max", he said smiling.

"ohh okay..", Sarah replied. 

Even though she was happy that Max is going to work with her, but then also she was a bit uncomfortable with it because she didn't knew about her own feelings for Max.

Detective K explained her the mission and she was a bit worried after hearing it because it was a bit scary. 

"So...Sarah..There is a famous business tycoon in our country and he has a lot of power in his hands. But we got to know that this person has a gem in his house which is not allowed to be kept. It is known that the gem was bought by illegal money and that's why the government want them in their hands but it is tough to get them as he has a lot power. You and Max together are going to get those gems out of his house. He is also known for exploiting poor people and that gem can help us in proving him guilty..", explained Detective K.

"ohh I understood sir..", Sarah said and went back home.

~time skip~~at the mansion~

"I won't like it if she will have act like a slut in front of that jerk!!", shouted Max on his phone.

"No..I mean- Are you even real!!?? S-she is my wif- I MEAN YOUR DAUGHTER IN LAW!!!", he shouted again.

Max was angry at Detective K because he told Sarah to act like a slut in front of that man because he was a total pervert and only she could divert his mind so that Max could get that gem.

After around 30 minutes of shouting, he calmed himself down and the call disconnected. Sarah was also listening to it all. She was a bit blushing because Max actually cared for her but she changed her thoughts.

"M-max It's o-okay..I can do it", Sarah said being a bit afraid. 

"No I can't let you..I have already seen that business man..he is a total jerk. I am afraid he will hurt you..and it's your first time", he replied being a bit annoyed. 

"I can do it!!", Sarah said being a bit confident as she raised her head up.

Max moved towards her gazing into her dark eyes. She moved back a bit. He took some steps forward till her back touched the wall.

"Ohh really?? Do you think you can seduce a person like him??", he said smirking as he put a hand beside her head on the wall. 

"I-I think I c-can do t-that!!", she spoke with all the confidence left inside her. 

He moved close to her face and looked at her lips then again at her eyes. She could feel his warm breath on her face. 

"Ahh...I don't know you were never able to seduce me so..", Max whispered.

"Wait what??", Sarah said angrily.

Max backed off laughing at her as she had a fuming face. 

"Mr. Maxwell I swear to god I will kill you!!!", she shouted.

"haha I was just joking sorry!!", Max said laughing again.

Max teasing her for sometime and afterwards they discussed their mission. Tomorrow Sarah was going to see how real detectives work. She was excited and nervous at the same time. They ate their dinner and afterwards went back to sleep.

~time skip~~Their bedroom~

Sarah was trying to sleep but couldn't...her mind was repeating those words which Max spoke to her. "Does he like me or something??" "Ohh no that can't be..I am stupid"  She was talking to herself in her head. 

On the other side, Max was kept asking just one question to himself,

"Do I like her??"

                     TO BE CONTINUED..

Hey Guys!! I hope you are well!! In between I thought of giving up this story because I felt it was cringy but then I thought to complete it because I hate leaving things incomplete...hehe 😅

            I purple you all!! 💜💜