Chapter Four

Amara:

The week leading up to school went by rather quickly, I had attended another Pairing Ball the Friday before I left, however that was just as uneventful as the rest and also a small part of me was disappointed when I didn't see those striking silver grey eyes and bleach blonde hair, but I soon got over it.

'Don't you think this is a little excessive?' I exclaimed as I peered over the hoards of trunks and boxes my mother had packed me.

'Darling, you can never be too prepared' she brushed off my comment quickly before calling my father to the front door.

'How are you feeling Amara-Alexis!' my fathers voice bounced around the room

'Will you please stop calling me that dad, no one else bothers..'

'It's the name we gave you so it will be the name I call you!'

'Ugh, let's go then, would be a fabulous start to the year if I missed the train now wouldnt it' as I slung my bag over my shoulder.

I was dressed in a black pleated skirt, white loose shirt and some knee high black leather boots, I personally thought it was a bit over the top and a bit too 70's for my taste, but mother insisted. I shoved an old vintage sweatshirt into my bag before my mother could catch me, before we all strutted out the door.

The Boots / The Skirt / The Shirt + Jumper:

The train ride was pretty uneventful, I sat in a carriage with some girls in the same year as me, their names slipped my mind, something like ponsy or pasy and a tall striking blonde girl

The train ride was pretty uneventful, I sat in a carriage with some girls in the same year as me, their names slipped my mind, something like ponsy or pasy and a tall striking blonde girl. I left them at the entrance to the castle after a professor called me aside to explain how things would work and the sorting ceremony. To say I was nervous was an understatement, of course I would never let it show!

Draco:

I hadn't seen her for over a week and it was starting to drain on me the thought of looking out for her at every social event for the foreseeable future, why her? She is literally invisible, never seen her at school, never heard of her being at another school and didn't show up to any events up until about 3 months ago?!

Me and Blaise sat in one of the far carriages and discusses all things quidditch and girls, before we knew it, we had arrived back at this god forsaken place for another year of boredom. We all sat around in our usual places on the slytherin table in the great hall before the ceremony started, oh how it dragged on, I do hope this year is a little more entertaining that the others.

Whilst in mid conversation, Dumbledore welcomed us all back before starting the ceremony of with the transfer students, those were always the best, older kids who didnt have a clue what they were doing and would fumble around awkwardly at the front of the hall, it provided us with quite the entertainment!

After about 3 students, I soon lost interest, no one was housed into slytherin and certainly non of them had anything interesting about them, so we all turned out attention back to our conversation.

'mate , check out the new transfeeeerrrrrrrr' Goyle said nudging Crab on the arm but I don't think he took his eyes off his plate once.

The girls all spun their heads around out of jealousy from Goyle's comment and Blaise leant back over the seat to take a better look. So pathetic, i don't know why they would give a stupid first year the satisfaction of seeming bothered, I was too good for it.

'She is a stunner, woweee' I could virtually see the drool dripping off his chin

'Oh thats the girl from the train, apparently she is a Sinclair!!' Daphne and Pansy squealed

It was at that point my eyes snapped up from my plate, I tried to remain facing down to not give her the satisfaction, but I had to get a glimpse.

It was like she was moving in slow motion, and it reminded him of that time he saw her at the ball, one leg after the other and the eyes glancing smoothly across the room, almost like the enjoyed the stares. I mean she probably did enjoy them, she looked good and she knew it.

As she makes her way down the aisle, her eyes flick up to glance at me before a small flirtatious smirk appears and then she switches her attention back to the front.

'Mate, she was into you!' Blaise nudges me hard, causing me to almost spill my drink.

'Nice one you twat, stop drooling over some pathetic newbie and pay attention' I snapped back not wanted to accept Blaise's comment but when she looked at me I felt weak, like she was in control, and I hated it!