𝔱𝔥𝔯𝔢𝔢

┊✧*。 ✯┊☪⋆✧*。 ┊THORNS | 𝒕𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒆-ˋˏ ༻🥀༺ ˎˊ-❝ 𝔤𝔬𝔬𝔡𝔟𝔶𝔢𝔰 ❞

┊✧*。 ✯┊☪⋆✧*。 ┊
THORNS | 𝒕𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒆
-ˋˏ ༻🥀༺ ˎˊ-
❝ 𝔤𝔬𝔬𝔡𝔟𝔶𝔢𝔰 ❞

┊✧*。 ✯┊☪⋆✧*。 ┊THORNS | 𝒕𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒆-ˋˏ ༻🥀༺ ˎˊ-❝ 𝔤𝔬𝔬𝔡𝔟𝔶𝔢𝔰 ❞

"WOULD YOU EVER SAY THAT?" Enola asked with a smile playing on her lips

Enola and Tewksbury shared a laugh, but Payton, who found herself sitting next to the Viscount, didn't share their enthusiasm.

Swinging her legs continuously, she watched as the carriage moved further and further away from the place where she called home.

She observed how the colour of the grass changed as she moved further away from the fields, where she often found herself tearing the roses' petals of her 'mother'.

That lush grass that surrounded that dark house, and now that she thought about it, Payton had a hard time believing that such well-tended grass could grow around a gloomy house like hers. Or rather former home.

It was as if the farther she went the more the colors of the grass faded, leaving a color off, as if the only reason it was so green was because of the girl.

But that wasn't the only reason Payton was in a low mood.

Usually she wasn't a sad and thoughtful girl, despite having lived all those years under severe discipline. She was sweet, so sweet that she found herself in this mood because she didn't want to be separated from the two people she had come to know.

It may have been a few hours but Payton had too much love to give to people, despite having received none of this during her childhood, besides from his father.

She didn't know if they cared, but she did, because for the first time with the two she tried new things and learned that she wasn't alone when it came with life problems: and for that she felt connected to the two.

In one night, only one night, she felt the joy of laughing freely, without being scolded by her mother for being too noisy. She felt compassion for Enola, upset by her mother's disappearance and for Tewksbury, sad at the mention of his father.

Despite her grim mood, she found herself smiling when she remembered the boy expressing his enthusiasm towards herbs and flowers.

'Such a sweet boy' she thought, shaking her head with a small smile, watching as the sky brightened, looking like it enjoyed seeing her finally smile.

"So what are you smiling about?" The boy she was thinking about, nudged her with a grin.

"On how i did a pretty good job with your hair." She smiled sweetly and ruffled his now cut hair.

The three of them laughed, as he swatted her hand away and trying to make his hair look more 'presentable', momentarily forgetting about the separation that will come.

When the carriage slowed down, now standing in a crowded city, that indeed was London, the reality came crashing back to Payton; she won't see them again.

Enola was the first to jump off the carriage, leaving the other two bummed.

"So this is where we part?" The boy asked disappointedly.

"Unfortunately so," Payton sighed, sliding of the carriage and turning to the sad boy.

"Will we meet again?"

Payton sniffled but did not drop any tears; instead she went to hug him tightly throught the piece of wood. She pressed a soft kiss to his cheeck, before pulling back and leaving the boy stunned and the girl's face reddening.

"May we meet again Tewksbury." She waved at him.

"Until then," he smiled slightly, then turned to Enola "thank you Enola Holmes, for helping me. "

"You should have forgotten my name." She said jokingly.

"Then you must find another one."

He made eye contact with Payton and they kept it until his shadow disappeared into the London crowd.

"He'll be fine." Enola reassured her, giving her a gentle squeeze on her shoulder.

"I hope so," she whispered. Glancing at the Holmes, she clasped her shoulder with a serious look "You'll be too."

"I promise," Enola gave her a gentle smile "and i hope you find your father."

Payton nodded excitedly and pulled her on a warming hug, the latter being a bit taken aback, but soon reciprocating.

And with that, their paths changed, but they didn't know they will cross again.