𝔟𝔬𝔫𝔲𝔰 𝔠𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯

┊✧*。 ✯┊☪⋆✧*。 ┊
THORNS | 𝒃𝒐𝒏𝒖𝒔
-ˋˏ ༻🥀༺ ˎˊ-
❝ 𝔦 𝔭𝔯𝔬𝔪𝔦𝔰𝔢 𝔶𝔬𝔲

┊✧*。 ✯┊☪⋆✧*。 ┊THORNS | 𝒃𝒐𝒏𝒖𝒔-ˋˏ ༻🥀༺ ˎˊ-❝ 𝔦 𝔭𝔯𝔬𝔪𝔦𝔰𝔢 𝔶𝔬𝔲 ❞

ELIZABETH TEWKSBURY WAS a bubbly and cheery little girl, and she relished lying in the meadow, fantasizing of such a beautiful and unconditional love as her own parents

She was now at her grandparents' residence, while Jenna was baking her animal-shaped biscuits that Eliza had fallen in love with first sight, whereas Charles was on another assignment.

Right now she was relaxing on the comfortable sofa in her grandmother's living room, with felt-tip pens scattered here and there while she was making a drawing of her family.

"My tummy will be like mama's when I finish eating your biscuits, Grammy." Jenna giggled, while watching her granddaughter making a puffball figure in her little belly.

"But you have to grow up, while Mommy has a little boy in her belly."

"I would name him Narcissus."

Jenna was intrigued by her original chosen name, "Why Narcissus, darling?"

Elizabeth shook her head "It's a flower," and took the yellow felt-tip pen to colour her soon-to-be little brother's clothes. "But I don't think Mommy does like it."

"And why wouldn't Mommy like it?" Jenna walked over with a tray all full of biscuits on and Elizabeth jumped up in a blink.

She shrugged her shoulders and started to swoop and swallow the biscuits, as Jenna tried to peek at the illustration Elizabeth was working on, but it was tucked under the pillow by the little girl, "No peeking, Grandma! It's not finished yet!"

Jenna grinned, "All right. But when you are done, will you show it to me?"

"You'll be the first person to see it." She threw her arms around her instantly. "I promise!"

⊱ ────ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ────── ⊰

"Mama!" Elizabeth called out as soon as she stepped into the big villa; Payton walked up to her, a huge smile on her face, as she held her hands in her big bump where there was a little bean inside.

"My love!" Elizabeth embraced her gently, not wanting to hurt the little baby inside her mother's belly.

"Grandma gave me lots of biscuits!" Payton peered at Jenna by arching an eyebrow and mouthing 'I warned you not to give her so many biscuits' but Jenna returned with 'She's too thin', Payton shook her head, a sigh leaving her lips.

Elizabeth tugged at her dress, capturing her attention "I have a gift for Narcissus."

"Narcissus?"

"Yes! My brother's future name!" She leapt exuberantly.

"Am I mistaken or did I hear Narcissus?" Tewksbury's voice sounded as he walked down the stairs of his huge palace.

" Papa!" Elizabeth rushed, Tewksbury scooped her up easily and gave her a kiss on on the cheek. "Narcissus! My little brother's name. Isn't it pretty?"

"It's-it's wonderful!" Tewksbury replied dumbfounded at the choice of name, but secretly knowing it was his fault.

And in fact Payton muttered under her breath, "It's all your fault."

Tewksbury sent her a cheeky grin, and then glanced into his sweet little girl's eyes, "Narcissus is a beautiful name, love. Mama likes it too." He winked at his wife, and she stucked her tongue in response.

"Why don't you show your parents your drawing Eli?" Jenna asked, opening her bag to look for the drawing Elizabeth had begged her not to crumple.

"Yes!" Elizabeth leapt from her father's arms to pick up the drawing from her grandmother. "Here! Do you like it?"

The sign was with stylized little characters, but it was easy to recognise who was who: Payton was the one who cradled the future child, in yellow clothes, Tewksbury was the one who had his stylized arm around Payton and the other one used it to hold Elizabeth, who had drawn her hair excessively long.

But in the eyes of the two parents, this was a work of art.

"I-I love it, honey." Payton croacked out, tears trickling down her eyes "And he will love it too." She rubbed her belly, Elizabeth grinning, trying to hear her future little brother.

"I will be a very good little sister Narcissus. I promise you."

And for the first time the child gave his answer.