Chapter 3: Awakening and Dragon?

She's been having the same wonderful dream for the past 13 years, but who cares about the small details? The dream was always the same, she would be lying in her incredibly comfy bed, her long brown hair delicately placed around her face to give her an incredibly attractive windswept look, her lips were plump and ready for the kissing and she was dressed in a gorgeous white gown that fit her perfectly and accentuated her natural curves she was blessed with. 

After she got a good look at her attractive dream self a handsome man would barge into her room. He was a knight, dressed in shiny metal from his head to his toes. As he entered her room he would stare at her in awe, as if her beauty had actually blinded him. 

Then he would slowly, and dramatically, pull of his helmet to reveal a messy bush of dark brown hair, and a strong and manly looking face with a strong chin that jutted out in such a perfect way. He would then slowly inch closer and closer to her bed, as if he was afraid to move too fast. When he finally reached her place of slumber he would slowly lower his head and stop just before his own lips pressed against hers. 

He would then mumble how beautiful he thought she was before completing the journey and pressing his lips against her own. Her eyes would snap open and she would wrap her arms around her rescuers neck before…restarting the dream all over again. Despite the wonder of the dream, it was getting a bit tedious now and she found herself wishing that this stupid knight would hurry up and rescue her. She was starting to get stiff lying in bed all day.

Karlito's spell hadn't cast her into a coma like he had thought it would, something she had decided to talk to him about when she finally woke up, instead it had cast her into a sleep like state where she couldn't hear, speak, or move, but she was very much awake. 

She had spent the last 13 years talking to herself within her mind, often she had to wonder if she had gone crazy. Every now and then she was sure she could hear voices from the outside world muttering about her, but as soon as she attempted to strain to hear them better it was gone and she was back to hearing the cloudy mess she called her thoughts. She was hearing them right now, these voices…

"Don't you get bored?"

"Nah, I get a lot of good fights out of it…"

She frowned in her head as she tried to focus in on the voices, but either the people speaking had walked away from her, or they had simply stopped talking. 

This was very frustrating, not to mention absolutely confusing. From what she could remember from what her parents had told her the night she had been put to sleep, nobody was supposed to be able to enter the castle in which she slept because a ferocious dragon was guarding it day and night. 

Only the person who was able to defeat the dragon would be able to wake her up, and that person would become her Prince Charming. Sighing mentally, she drifted off back to sleep, dreaming about the day her prince would rescue her from this bothersome slumber. 

Little did she know, this was coming very soon, though the "prince" part was going to be messed up …

Althea woke up from her dream with a start, had she been able to move she probably would have fell out of her bed. As it stood, she could only lay immobile with her heart beating much faster than usual. 

A loud bang had woken her up, coupled with the shaking of her floor, she then heard several screams and curses and was sure that the temperature of her surroundings had risen by a significant amount. Her chest began to swell with anticipation as she realised what was happening in the castle around her.

My Prince is fighting the Dragon! she squealed in her mind, wishing she could move so she could do a happy dance and fist pump. 

I'm going to get woken up in any moment! She began mentally preparing herself for the moment as the battle raged on downstairs. She hoped it would be exactly like her dream so she wouldn't have to improvise.