Chapter 9: The Plan

The Ice Dragon also known as Kenneth Gray strolled into his home, the Faction they proudly called, Druno.

It was actually a mansion-like hut on top of a hill near town.

As soon as he stepped through the threshold he had to duck to avoid a flying table.

Druno was a very lively faction with faction mates as dragons turned human why couldn't it be?

A grin spread over his face as he ducked out of the way of a few glass bottles as he made his way to the bar, it felt good to be home. He sidled into his usual seat at the bar, ignoring one of his Faction mate, Renee, drinking down some beer while saying something in audible.

Kenneth waited patiently for the kind bar maid to notice his presence.

He didn't have to wait long, after about two minutes of sitting there the bar maid also known as Jessica walked out of the kitchen holding a fresh batch of newly cleaned glasses,

"Kenneth, you're back!" she squealed happily, while depositing the glasses on a nearby surface and then moving to sit opposite him from her end of the bar.

She loved all the Faction members, they were like the extended family she had never asked for, but Kenneth, and a few others, were amongst her favorites as she had grown up with them after she was turned into a human by the faction master.

Unbeknownst to Kenneth or Jessica, a blue head had snapped up at the mention of "Kenneth" and the owner of said head was quickly making her way to where he was sitting.

"Hey Jess, you cool?" he asked, gratefully accepting the cup full of ice she had produced out of nowhere to hand to him.

"I'm fine, I'm fine, but how are you? You had a tough mission, how did it go?"

Kenneth waved his hand dismissively, "pfft, it was a piece of cake," he lied, not bothering to tell Jess how he had narrowly escaped the clutches of several large trolls with his life.

"Anyway, I'll tell you about it later, right now I've got something more important to talk to you about".

Jess raised an inquisitive eyebrow at his change of tone, normally Kenneth was very laid back about life and it was rare that he would become serious about something. She scooted closer to him in her chair.

"Okay, so I went to check on Steven, you know make sure he hadn't burnt down the castle yet".

Jess nodded with a small smile tweaking her lips, when Steven had first accepted the job as the guardian of the Princess, they had all taken bets on how long it would take for Steven to burn down the castle.

"And we got into our usual fight, and...well...he accidentally woke up the Princess!"

Jess' mouth dropped open in a comical "O" shape at the news that Steven had completely bungled up his mission and had woken her up.

To be honest, she wasn't all that surprised as they had all expected him to do something to mess it up a long time ago, it was actually quite an amazing feat that this hadn't happened years ago.

"How on earth did he wake her up? I thought it was supposed to be Prince?"

"He accidentally kissed her, but never mind that right now, can you keep this a secret, I don't want Father knowing and-"

"What do you not want Father to know, Kenneth?" an ominous and extremely frightening voice barked out from behind him.

"And where, pray tell, is your shirt?"

In a flash, Kenneth was once again wearing his shirt, nobody had the power to make him move as quickly as this one woman did.

"Ah, Hiyol !" he yelped, his voice rising a few octaves as he stared at the brunette woman, "I...I thought you had a job!"