1

tw// slight violence

Claire opened her eyes, staring at the ceiling. Oh, that's right, Lucy had to help her get home. After her last mission. She probably shouldn't have taken it.

"Claire, just take it easy. I'm sure Kyle wouldn't want you to-"

"I'm okay Mira. I'm alright."

Claire put on her usual smile, hiding behind it.

She wasn't alright. Who would be after your boyfriend of 5 years packs up and leaves. Without any explanation. No goodbyes. No nothing.

This probably wasn't even the worst scenario, other people probably had it worse.

"Claire. Claire. Claire!"

Lucy shook Claire's shoulders lightly. She was...at the guild? When did she get the energy to walk to the guild?

"Lucy, Juvia doesn't think you should shake Claire like that."

Juvia was always very soft-spoken towards Lucy. Well, now she was. They were cute. Claire was pretty sure they liked eachother but she couldn't assume anything.

"Claire, are you sure that you're alright?"

"I'm fine."

Natsu laughed loudly.

"Who would have thought that we would be in the Grand Magic Games this year?"

His contagious laughter filled the hall and soon everyone was celebrating. Except Claire. She was happy, of course, she just didn't feel like celebrating.

"Claire. Do you want to talk to Juvia? Juvia doesn't mind."

Juvia sat down beside Claire and smiled softly.

"It's been 5 months, but I can't get rid of this sickening feeling."

"Juvia understands. Feelings are hard to explain, but Juvia believes that you can get through it."

Juvia smiled again and Claire couldn't help but smile back. Natsu was blabbering on and on about the Grand Magic Games, and Lucy was probably getting annoyed. But so was Gajeel.

"Hey Flame Brain! Could you shut up?! All your blabbering is scaring away our braincells!"

"What'd you say pipehead?! You wanna fight?!"

"Could you two shut up? I have a headache."

Claire groaned, staring at the two dragon slayers butting heads with eachother. Erza was out on a mission, so it was natural for Claire to take over her role of authority.

And today was not a good day to get on Claire's nerves.

[information:

Claire Noni, age 19

Angel/Human

Transformation Magic

Likes: Solitude, Lucy and Juvia, sewing, Fairy Tail

Dislikes: Natsu arguing with everyone, loud people, evil-hearted people

No family history]

Claire wasn't having it at all today.

"Mira! I'm taking this mission!"

She grabbed a random mission, not even checking the reward or requirements.

"Wait Claire- !!"

The door slammed shut and the guild was silent for a moment before Lucy groaned.