10

Claire winced as she trudged to the kitchen. The snow still hadn't lifted, if anything, it was getting worse. And Christmas was literally tomorrow.

"Are you alright?"

Rogue was sitting on the couch, reading a book. Claire just hummed and started looking for ingredients to make soup. She was hungry. She had barely finished making the soup when Sting plowed through the door.

"It's snowing like crazy out there! You should see it, it's insa- oh. Hi Noni."

"Hi Sting, hungry?"

Claire nudged a bowl in Sting's direction and he sighed in relief.

"Starving."

"Rogue?"

"Hm?"

"Are you hungry?"

He shook his head and continued reading his book. Claire put down two bowls for the exceeds before grabbing her own and sitting next to Rogue on the couch. He smiled and carefully pulled her to sit on his lap.

"I really should get going back to Fairy Tail. Or at least, Fairy Hills."

Rogue just hummed, not agreeing or disagreeing. Sting just stared at the two blankly.

"It's a bad idea, it's really bad outside, Noni."

"I'll be fine."

Rogue nodded and Claire brought a spoonful of soup up to his lips. He subconsciously opened his mouth, a reflex in a way. His eyes were still glued to the pages of his novel.

"Hm, Rogue? What do you think?"

Rogue put the book down and turned to face Claire. He leaned towards her ear and whispered extra quietly so that Sting couldn't hear. Claire scowled and stood up abruptly. Rogue just chuckled lightly and went back to reading his book.

"No fair, I didn't hear what you said."

"That's the whole point Sting.'

Claire put the bowl in the sink and washed it before walking into Rogue's room. She got dressed and pulled her cloak over her head.

"I'm gonna go."

"Be careful, it's really bad out there."

Claire nodded and stood in front of Rogue. He was still reading.

"Rogue."

"Hm?"

He put down his book again and beckoned for Claire to lean down towards him. She rolled her eyes and did so, not expecting Rogue to hold the back of her neck and pull her down into a kiss.

"Stay safe. Come right back if it's really bad outside."

Claire just hummed in response and bid everyone goodbye before leaving the apartment. Sting just chuckled.

"What?"

"Nothing, just didn't expect you to be so bold."

Rogue rolled his eyes and picked up his book.

"Says you."

"I'm just saying, it suits you."

...

Claire barged into the guildhall, sighing once she was inside. Natsu immediately tackled her.

"You're alive!"

"Yes, I am. Please get off flame brain, you're heavy."

Gajeel's head perked up and he glared in Claire's direction.