15

tw// violence

Something had ripped through her. She felt like she was on fire. All she could feel was anger. At the man dressed in white. Zeref's son, he says?

"And who, are you?"

A nasty smirk on his face ignited the fury inside of her.

"Your worst nightmare."

Before she could focus on Sting. Before she could focus on Rogue. She had to focus on him.

And she had to defeat him.

"And yet, in such a frail, and delicate package."

Pleasure seeped through the air, and the discomfort had returned. Sting groaned as his body became unresponsive. He could not even lift a finger to help Claire. Rogue fell to his knees, managing to pull out the intruding tree limb that had made its residence in his stomach.

He wished he was dead.

He could barely open his eyes, wanting to fall into a deep, deep sleep.

But Claire, seemed unaffected. Her body burned with the rumbling effects of pleasure, but she managed to stifle it. Her cheeks, however, grew hot as whatever the fuck this dude's magic was tormented her body.

It increased tenfold.

"I want to hear my power over you."

"And you will never get that satisfaction."

Claire was nearly brought to her knees. It was overwhelming, and if she was still like before, it would have overpowered her.

"Destroyer of Worlds."

Rogue had never heard that before. He forced himself to open his eyes, meeting Sting's.

"I-i'm so s-sorry."

Sting managed to groan out despite his lack of willpower.

"I a-am too."

A magic energy unlike anything before surged through the ground. There was a sickly cracking sound and Rogue forced himself to turn to Claire.

"God form."

The world seemed to freeze and a horrible realization washed over Rogue.

His love was gone. And what came back from the island was only a remnant of her.

"Ground Zero."

The ground rumbled and cracked open. It was the definition of terrifying. Rogue could only describe it in one way.

"If nightmares were a person.."

Sting chuckled painfully.

"They would be your girlfriend."

...

Rogue hissed, uncertain whether it was pain or pleasure anymore. The remnants of Larcade's magic hung through the air. Claire kneeled at the rubble, Larcade's defeated form laying upon it.

"Claire..."

Rogue wheezed pitifully and she turned to face him. Tears were streaming down her face.

"Claire..."

"Oh Rogue..."

She ran to him, weeping into his shoulder as she engulfed him into a tight hug. His arms wrapped around her, wishing to hold her.

"I-i..."

Claire's hands cupped his face, her eyes glistened with unshed tears.

"I was late. I-i couldn't- you and Sting- I-"

Rogue held the back of her neck, pulling her down sharply. He crashed his lips onto hers. Something he hadn't done in nearly a year.

"I missed you."

...

Gray only remembered being angry. And fighting Natsu. And losing Juvia.

"Gray you dumbass!"

Claire's voice rang through the dust, catching the attention of all mages within a half mile radius.

Erza was hugging Natsu and Gray tightly, tears flowing down her cheeks.

And that was all Claire could remember before passing out.