8

tw// blood

Gray dropped Claire, her form fading away and blood dripping down her back. She buried her face in her hands, crying weakly.

"Claire. Claire..."

Lucy dove to her knees, pulling Claire into a tight hug. Rogue and Sting groaned, their heads still spinning from the obscene ringing. Rogue staggered to his feet.

"Claire."

His head spun violently and he nearly fell to one knee. Claire's lips trembled as she dragged herself to Rogue.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry you had to be dragged here. I'm sorry you got hurt. I'm sorry. I'm sorry."

"Are you alright?"

"I'm fine. I'm sorry, Rogue. I'm so sorry."

"It's okay, please stop apologizing. It's worse than that ringing."

Rogue chuckled, helping Claire stand.

"Let's go, it smells like frostbite and despair in this cave."

...

Sting and Rogue trudged into Claire's apartment. Their skin felt icy cold.

"Wait here, okay? I'll be back."

The two dragon slayers collapsed onto the couch. Claire came back, holding a large blanket.

"Come on, come here."

She wrapped Sting in the blanket and he instantly fell asleep on the couch. Rogue shivered and Claire sighed, pulling him into her room.

"Come on, you can sleep on my bed. I'll just take a bath."

"I-i can join you."

Claire scoffed. She took his hands and wrapped them around her waist before taking his face into her hands.

"You're shivering like a child and you're asking to join me in the bath."

"Why not?"

"We're not even dating."

"We're not."

Claire just smiled softly and kissed Rogue's cheek.

"I'll keep the door unlocked."

"No need, I'll just go in with you."

"I'll just wash off all this blood first."

"I can help you."

"I think you're going insane. Did you get frostbite?"

Rogue laughed a little, his face was already starting to get warm. Honestly, he also didn't know what he was feeling. It was true. They weren't dating. And he knew that for a fact.

So why couldn't he shake this awful feeling?

...

Rogue and Sting left the next day, per Claire's request. She returned to the guild the day after that. Lucy, Gray, and Natsu didn't mention what they witnessed two days before. All because they respected her.

"Juvia is glad Claire is okay."

Claire just smiled back, nodding silently. Lucy tapped Juvia shoulder.

"Hey Juv, can I talk to Claire for a bit?"

Juvia nodded and walked away. Lucy sat down and handed Claire a drink.

"You look sad."

"I am sad."

"Do you want to go by the river? We can talk about it."