7

tw// violence, death, references of sexual harassment

It's been 5 days. The mission only called for 1 day. Everyone was worried. But no one had told a certain dragon slayer. The dragon slayer who couldn't shake off the awful sinking feeling in his stomach no matter how hard he tried.

"What's up, emo? What's wrong today?"

"I don't know, Sting. I've had this weird sinking feeling for 4 days now."

"Is it from No-"

"Shh!"

Rogue slapped a hand over Sting's mouth, fearing that someone would hear the blonde haired fool. Rogue pushed Sting out of the guildhall, nearly slapping him.

"Someone might hear you, idiot."

"But is it because of Noni?"

"It can't be from her. She's strong and she can take care of herself. But still, I can't shake this feeling that something is wrong."

"Why don't we go check on her then?"

"You can't actually be serious. You want us to walk into Fairy Tail and ask for Claire? We're not even friends with them."

"Are you worried about her or not?"

It was conflicting. Yukino's voice startled Rogue.

"If you want to go, just go. I'll take care of Lector and Frosch. I don't mind."

Rogue froze, his face went pale.

"H-how long have you been listening?"

"Since you pushed me out of guildhall, dumbass. If you were paying attention instead of making lame excuses to not check on your girlfriend you would have notice-"

"She's not my girlfriend!!"

Yukino groaned, pushing the two farther away from the guildhall.

"Go!"

And so they did. Yukino shook her head, dragging herself back to the guildhall.

"Idiots, all men are idiots!"

...

Rogue nervously walked up to the Fairy Tail guild. Sting was clearly annoyed.

"Just open the doo-"

"Don't rush me!"

He pushed the door open and the guild fell silent. Everyone looked worried. Gray especially, and Lucy. They were the ones closest to Claire.

"Where is-"

"She's been missing for 5 days."

Gray didn't even let him finish his sentence. He probably hasn't slept for 3 days, judging from the bags under his eyes.

"What do you mean she's been missing?"

Suddenly, the awful sinking feeling was replaced by fear and panic. Claire was missing. The Claire Noni was missing. Of all people, she was the one that went missing.

Mira fumbled with her words, not knowing how to explain the situation.

"She took a mission, it was requesting her specifically. It seemed odd, but she still took it."

"Do you know where it was?"

"The mission was confidential, for her eyes only."

Rogue's chest felt tight.

"But...it did mention the mountain village..."

"Who told you?"

"Claire did."