12

"I don't wanna go now."

"You spent the entire night here, Rogue."

"I'll miss you."

The snow had started to lift slightly, and that meant that morning was coming. Which meant that Rogue had to go home.

"I have a key to your apartment now, I can always come and visit."

Rogue frowned and hugged Claire tighter. He was clingy, which came as a shock to Claire. She assumed that he'd be the cold type, but he was far from it.

"Baby."

"Hm?"

"I don't wanna go."

"Rogue."

He pouted and hugged Claire tighter. He was being so clingy. It was kinda cute.

"Fine. Fine. Let me just get my shoes on."

Rogue perked up and trembled with happiness as Claire slipped on her sneakers.

"Let's go."

...

"Noni!"

"Sting."

The streets were void of people as they chose to stay home to be with their families. The snow had lightened greatly, leaving only a thin layer of snow to cover every bare corner of the city.

Rogue held Claire's hand tightly, his gloved fingers intertwining with hers. Sting was smiling brightly, his arm quickly made residence around Claire's shoulders.

"Get your arm off my girlfriend, lightbulb."

"Haha! Finally! Congrats Noni, I'm glad he finally got the balls to ask you out!"

Claire chuckled and ruffled a hand through Sting's hair. Rogue pouted and squeezed her hand.

"Thanks Sting. Where are the exceeds?"

"With Yukino at the guild, we're actually on the way there."

"We?"

Rogue's cheeks flushed red. Sting...

"Well, it's not everyday that your boyfriend's best friend/brother becomes guildmaster!"

Rogue groaned and facepalmed. Sting was too airheaded for his own good.

"We're gonna meet you there, I'm just gonna go home really quick."

Rogue tugged Claire away and wrapped an arm around her waist. Sting laughed loudly and slapped Rogue's back, earning a yelp from the dark-haired mage.

"Alright then! I'll see you at the guild!

...

"Yes?"

"Take a shower."

"Why?"

"You got Sting's scent on yourself."

Claire nearly laughed and Rogue's face turned pink.

"H-hey! Don't laugh at me! G-go shower!"

"Okay okay! Goodness, you're so territorial."

"I can't help it, it's because I marked you."

"Oh, that's right. You did."

Claire pressed herself up against Rogue and he chuckled.

"Don't tempt me."

"Why not?"

Claire's hands tangled into his hair as she pulled him down to meet her eyes. He groaned from the numbing pain in his scalp.