5

After the training camp, Claire bid Rogue goodbye, secretly hoping to see him again during the Grand Magic Games.

"The scar still isn't fully healed, so please take it easy."

"I will."

He only answered in short, direct replies. Which hurt, but Claire thought nothing of it, for the most part.

"Let's go, Claire!"

"I'm coming, Lu!"

Claire turned to leave, but Rogue grabbed her wrist. He avoided her gaze, but placed something in the palm of her hand. A key?

"Come on, Claire!"

"Coming!"

Claire pulled her wrist free and ran to her guildmates. Her nakama. Her family. Lucy smiled at her, beckoning for her to board the train.

"Grand Magic Games, here we come!"

...

How could this happen? How did it come to this? When did it come to Lucy and Claire running around the Sky Labyrinth?

They weren't even part of the same team.

Claire spotted Team Fairy Tail B, running to them. Great. 2nd place. They were already off to a good start.

But the same could not be said for Team A.

"Where are they?"

"They'll make it. Juvia believes they will."

And they did. In last place. Claire sighed, glancing at Sabertooth's team. Rogue still wouldn't look her in the eye.

Fuck, if that's how it's gonna be then fine.

...

As if the Games couldn't get any worse...

Both of Fairy Tail's teams were the lowest scoring on the FIRST day. The first day, and Sabertooth was kicking Fairy Tail's asses. Claire went back to the hotel without a smile that night.

"Claire? Hey, don't look so down..."

"Hey Lu..."

"It's only the first day, it's alright Claire."

...

It did get worse. Claire wasn't even allowed to participate in the Naval Battle. Lucy...

"Lu!!"

Claire ran out of her seat. Running as fast as she could.

"Sands of Time!"

Claire wiped away tears as she and others ran to Lucy.

"Time Angel form! Freeze!"

The arena froze as Claire flew up to Lucy. She grabbed her and cried. Time resumed...

"Lu, are you okay?! Lu?!"

"Lucy! Juvia is sorry, Juvia should've- she should've..."

Juvia was sobbing loudly, hugging Lucy tightly to her chest. Claire was furious, glaring at Sabertooth. Staring straight into their eyes.

"You will pay for hurting my nakama."

And pay, they did. The two Fairy Tail teams merged, finally giving Claire a chance to participate in battles.

Gajeel Redfox and Claire Noni VS Sting Eucliffe and Rogue Cheney

Natsu had reluctantly given up his spot, knowing how angry Claire was with Sabertooth.