@24

Hey...I'm trying to frequently update this book before going to school....

~~~~~

I was so scared to wake up and meet Rodney. He was going to answer my question yet I didn't want him to. I was scared he would say something about me and I didn't want to show that I was Trina. I didn't. I pretended to be asleep.

Carsy walked in and sat next to me on the bed.

"Hey princess...are you still mad at me?"

"No mum.... I'm just feeling so bored."

"C'mon... get out of bed. Barack and I have some good news for you. No more boredom. I promise."

I actually wanted to say...I'm scared of Jace...

"Okay... give me some seconds. Let me get ready."

"Okay love...I'll be down stairs. Just don't be late. I have to see a patient in an hour from now."

"I won't."

"Okay."

She smiled at me and kissed my forehead before leaving the room so that I could get ready.

I sighed. I wanted to pretend I'm sick but she was a doctor. She would easily know I'm lying. I sighed again. I had to face Rodney.

I went to the bathroom and used twenty minutes to get ready. I dressed up in some dark blue jeans and a maroon crop top. I wore some sneakers and went downstairs. I was planning to drive around the city. I actually also wore a jean jacket just in case it got so cold.

I found everyone already seated. I kissed Barack's temple as I greeted him and he did the same. I also turned to Nick and said,"hey Nick...hi Jace."

"Hey," Rodney replied.

Nick pretended not to have heard. I didn't blame him. His parents were making life hard for him and he thought I was part of their plan.

I walked to my seat opposite Rodney. I was trying to act fine but it clearly showed I was not. Carsy decided to speak to cool the tension.

"So... before we begin eating, I have some news to deliver to all of you..." She kept quiet to make sure we digested in her first words. "First is Barack got a job for Al. She will be working at the diner just around the corner from here. Second, she will be studying from a different university from you guys," wait...was Rodney also studying? "Third is Blake, the Lycan Alpha, is throwing a party to celebrate Raven's successful birth. We are invited."

No way. This was danger itself. I froze. I had never been that scared. Everyone looked at me.

"Al...are you okay?" Carsy asked me.

I nodded. "Yes...I'm fine. I'm just having some reaction to hearing about an Alpha."

"Don't worry. They are some good lycans. Not all vampires are enemies to werewolves," Carsy explained.

"I understand. I'm fine."

"Okay... so you will be starting school today in..." She looked at her watch. "Thirty minutes from now. Jace will drop you off. Nick will obviously refuse to do it."

No please.

"And you are starting work today too. Your shift begins at 6pm," Barack added on.

I faked a smile to show I am okay but I was not. I wanted to even run away. Go very far away. There was no way I was going to face the victims of my murders. I was not going to like the idea of meeting them again.

"Okay. See you tonight. I'm already late. Carsy, let's get going."

They both stood up and kissed the three of us then left.