12 - Grafton

Rene, Hamish and Randall sat in the living room, reading from different books. Randall looked up from his book and stared at Rene, who seemed deep into the book. He gave her a slight nudge with his foot. She slowly looked up from her book "Yes?" She questioned. He smiled "Sorry about going off about throwing Gabrielle, well, the demon off of the bannister" He apologised. Rene shook her head "It's fine, I understand at the time you thought it was her" She replied. They both smiled at each other then looked back into their books.

Hamish walked to the bookshelf with a sigh. Lilith appeared into the room then walked up to him "Do you think they'll ever be a thing?" She asked. Hamish glanced back and looked at the two. He looked back towards Lilith "They already are, it's just a matter of time one of them asks" He whispered back.

Jack walked into the room and sat down with a thud "What're guys doing?" He asked. Rene looked over "There's some sort of crystal in the woods, and we're investigating" She explained. Jack furrowed "That big white one?" He asked again. Randall looked up "Yeah. That one" He replied. Jack dragged his finger across the arm of the chair "Yeah...that order is looking into it" He replied. Rene closed her book "Why is it when we do something the order is already on it?" She questioned.

Crashing and thudding emerged from the second floor. Everyone looked at each other "I've got it" Rene stated it. Randall put his legs over her "No, Hamish will get it" He stated. Hamish furrowed and turned around "I'm sorry?" He questioned. "Not it!" Lilith shouted, then Randall, Hamish, Jack then Rene. Rene looked at Randall with a grin. She removed his legs from hers and stood up "Be careful" Randall stated. Rene sighed and walked upstairs, she didn't think of much, she just thought it was a rat. She opened the door and a beaming white portal sat in Randall's room. She covered her eyes as she tried to stare into it. It made a high pitched whistle which hurt her ears. A man appeared "What is it?" Randall shouted from the stairs. Rene backed up against the wall "Get up here!" She yelled.

Everyone ran up to see the man. Hamish's eyes widened "No..." He hummed in disbelief. Randall furrowed "Who is he?" He asked. "That was Alpha..." He replied. The man laughed "Was?... I am! Thanks to your friend" He replied. Everyone looked at Rene "What did I do?" she asked. The man laughed "You gave me Alpha back!" He informed. Everyone fell silent "So you're saying that Rene no longer has Alpha?" Hamish asked. He simply nodded and walked passed the others. Rene's mouth dropped slightly and she watched as he made his way down the stairs "Hey!" She shouted. She marched towards the bannister "I want her back!" She followed. He leaned against the bannister and stared at her "It ain't that easy, love" He replied. She leaned back in surprise. Randall, Lilith, Hamish and Jack walked out from the room.

They all walked down the stairs and followed him into the living room "I am Grafton, the original owner of Alpha...but she crawled out of me after driving me insane" He informed. Rene laughed "And I don't care...I want her back" She replied. Grafton began to laugh "Fiesty...you're boyfriend is so lucky" He replied. Randall looked off whilst Lilith and Hamish laughed. Rene rolled her eyes "Actually, I'm single" She pointed out. Grafton raised an eyebrow "Is that so?" He hummed. Rene rolled her eyes "Gross" She whispered. Jack folded his arms "How did you take her hide?" He asked. Grafton smiled contently "Well, the crystal in the woods? Rene was the first to see it. First come first serve" He informed. Randall furrowed "Hamish and I saw the crystal too, does that mean our hides are gone?" Hw asked. Grafton shook his head "No, only Rene" he replied. Rene protested "Great!"

Hours passed and Grafton made himself at home. Rene leaned against the wall frame whilst glaring at him "You okay?" Randall asked as he approached her with a cup of coffee. Rene took the cup off of him "Yeah, I'm okay. I just want Alpha back" She replied. Grafton kissed his teeth and squinted "Unfortunately, I cannot do that" He replied. He kicked his legs up and took a deep breath out. Rene marched over and pulled his feet off of the sofa "Fortunately, you will!" She corrected. Grafton stood up "You should not have done that" He growled. Rene furrowed and pinched his ear. He coward over in pain and she walked him to the door. She opened it up and chucked him out. Everyone looked at her in shock "Still as angry" Lilith mentioned. Rene pointed at him "Unless you give her back, you're not welcome back!" She finalised. Grafton picked himself up swiftly and pointed at her "I like you!" He yelled before turning into Alpha and running off. Randall gently pulled her inside "So...how olds that guy?" He asked. Hamish furrowed "Centries old, maybe?" He replied. Lilith lifted her finger "Wait! Didn't all the carriers of Alpha die because they weren't suited?" She replied. Rene grinned "So there's a possibility he could die out there?" She questioned. Lilith nodded "It's only a matter of time until Alpha comes back to his box" She followed. Rene sat back and relaxed.

Rene drove to the mall, and when she walked inside, she spotted Grafton at the icecream parlour. She cursed under her breath and walked towards the clothes store. As she looked through different items a voice appeared "That'll look great on you". She jumped around and saw Grafton smiling at her. She rolled her eyes then walked away, only to be followed by him "You're avoiding me" He pointed out. Rene scoffed "For a good reason" She replied. He laughed and watched as people walked by. Rene stopped at the jumper section "So...how old are you?" She asked. He thought for a moment "Physically? twenty. Mentally? roughly...two hundred" He replied. Her eyes widened before moving onto the shoe section "Who's the guy with the curly hair?" He asked out of the blue. Rene picked up a pair of black stilettos "Randall?" She questioned "Yes...he seems to be into you" He pointed out. Rene grinned and placed the shoe back onto the rack "Yeah...well, it's better to take things slow" She replied. "Or...it's better for someone to really appreciate you without hiding it from everyone" He stated. She looked at him and he had the 'Am I wrong?' look on his face. She rolled her eyes and moved on "He's not hiding it...he's just...taking it slow" She corrected.

She moved on "Yeah...that's why when everyone is around, he doesn't do anything" He followed. Rene stopped and turned "What're you trying to do?" She questioned frustratedly. He shrugged "Not doing anything...just stating you need better" He replied. She sighed and continued.

Later in the afternoon, Rene finally got back to the house and slid down the door. Lilith marched out "What's all that?" She asked. Rene furrowed and walked into the living room. Pink, blue and red bags sat on the chair in a large bundle. She looked at the brand and it was from the shop Grafton followed her around in "Oh no..." She complained before walking up to the bags. She opened the smaller bag and lifted out the black heels. She gasped and turned to Lilith, she held a letter "This was also among the pile" She informed. Rene took the letter and opened it 'Dear Rene. I've bought everything you seemed to be attracted to. Make whatever outfit you want, love. From Grafton' It read. Rene looked up from the letter and stared at Lilith "He's obsessed with me!" She shouted. Just then, Hamish, Jack and Randall walked through the door. Rene hid the letter behind her back and her eyes drifted across the room.

"Someone was busy" Jack stated as he scanned the pile of bags. Lilith grinned "Rene has an admirer" She revealed. Rene glared at Lilith "No...he's obsessed!" She corrected. Randall furrowed "Tommy?" He questioned. Rene shook her head "Nope..." She replied. "Me!" Grafton shouted as he entered the room. Rene sighed "This cannot be happening" She complained.

Grafton drifted into the middle "Rene needs someone who will treat her" He mentioned then wrapped his arm around her. She moved away "I'm good thanks" She stated. Randall furrowed "What do you mean by that?" He asked. Grafton winced and approached him "Well, you see, to me? I know you have feelings for her, but you hide it until you guys are alone...she doesn't need that...toxicity" He mentioned. Rene's eyes widened "I'm leaving" She mentioned before marching off "Wait for me, love" He shouted over, but she didn't stop. Grafton sent him a grin before chasing after Rene.

Randall's blood began to boil and he turned to Hamish and Lilith "I'm gonna kill him" He said calmly. Hamish grabbed his shoulders "I don't act that way around her when you guys are around? Do I?" He asked. Lilith looked at Hamish, then Randall "No! He's just trying to get into your head" She replied.