Chapter 3: Awkward Questions

Clem, You, Louis, AJ, Marlon, Willy, and some new girl with blond hair gather at the gate. The blonde chick fiddles with a lock on the small doors gate.

Marlon: "Rosie! Where the hell is she?" He looks over to Louis, who is standing next to Clem, You and AJ. "You give him his weapon back?"

Clem, and you draw your knives.

Marlon: "Good. We're gonna need you to put it to use. We've got a hunting party out there trying to get back inside. Need our help to clear the way. Seems to be a few more than usual these last couple days."

Violet: "It's almost like something drew their attention. Something like...I don't know...an explosion. Or a car crash." She looks back at the three of you with her arms crossed.

Marlon: "Vi..."

Violet: "What? Just saying. There's gotta be some explanation."

Y/N: "Are you insinuating something?"

Violet: "Y'know, just speculating."

Clem says nothing.

Louis: Ahem. "Hello, Clementine, and Y/N. I'm Violet. Nice to meet you."

Violet: "What he said."

Willy: "Alright, boys and girls." He leans over the watch towers rail and points into the forest. "They're starting to fill in!"

Violet: "Come on."

Marlon: "Be careful out there." He says, to you and Clem.

Marlon and Violet enter the forest.

Louis: "Don't mind Violet. She, uh...grows on you. I promise." Louis steps in front of the gate.

Louis brandishes a chair leg filled with nails and puts it on his shoulder.

Louis: "Oh, this? It's a chair leg. I call it "Chairles"."

Louis joins the others. Clementine and you step outside the gate, your last and you close it behind you. AJ runs up to it, wrapping his hands around the bars.

AJ: "Guys? Lemme help!"

Y/N: "I need you to watch our backs. Call out from inside if you see anything. Cool?" You and Clem crouch in front of the gate.

AJ: "Okay..."

Clementine: "See you on the other side."

Clem draws her weapon and enters the forest. The others have already started killing walkers.

AJ: "Clem, Y/N! Monster!" Two walkers approach in front of you. "Clem, let me use your knife for a sec." She looks over at you confused.

Clementine: "What why?"

Y/N: "Just give me it.. I won't do anything to it. Just stand back for a minute." The two walkers approach quicker, making a beeline towards you. Clem hands you the knife, using your left hand. You grab it, one is a female with a dirty brown tank top. Dark brown hair hangs over a pale scalp. The same is for the man, he has short brown hair, the middle of his head is bald. The both of them are larger then you, so you kick both of their knees, and stab both of their heads in at the same time with both of the knifes. After your finished you hand her the knife back and she looks at you with a surprised expression. You probably could've done it with one but you wanted to show off.

The both of you kill some more walkers.

Louis: "Whoa! Nice one. Could use a little more finesse, though. Watch and learn. Hey! Over here! Follow me!"

A nearby walker approaches Louis. He cuts a rope, and a rock falls on the walker, crushing it.

Louis: "And that's how you school a walker. There's a whole bunch of traps laying around this area for these asshats. They're all marked, so keep a lookout!"