Jesus is the true light

Day two

[ John 1:4-5; 9]
"In him was life; and the life was the light of men."
  — John 1:4 (KJV)

Jesus is the true light. He is our only real direction. One cannot have true light without encountering the person of Jesus.

 Not only does Jesus have life, but He also has Light. Let's see what the Light does for us.

"And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not."
  — John 1:5 (KJV)
 The bible says, "The light shines in darkness." When we have Jesus in our life, we also carry the light that Jesus has. Jesus doesn't just have light, He is Light.

Why do we need this Light?

Because that's what's distinguishes a child of God from one who is not.

This light shines. What this means is that having light gives no place to darkness. When we know Jesus as the light of the world, we will have no association with darkness.

When we are in fellowship with the true light, darkness cannot meet us anywhere. Light and darkness have no meeting place.

The only way to survive this dark world is to embrace the light of Jesus. He is the true light.

"That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world."
  — John 1:9 (KJV)

Jesus came also to share His Light with us. The bible says, " The true light, which lighteth every man." Jesus gives light to every person that He has fellowship with. The more we fellowship with Jesus, the more light we possess. Turn with me to the book of Mathew 5:14.

"Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid."
  — Matthew 5:14 (KJV)

You are the light of the world. What does this Scripture mean? It means, when people see you, they should see Jesus in you. If Jesus is the Light, and now He says, we also are the light of the world, it truly means, the world should be able to know there's the presence of Jesus in our lives.

 "Now when they saw the boldness of Peter and John, and perceived that they were unlearned and ignorant men, they marvelled; and they took knowledge of them, that they had been with Jesus."
  — Acts 4:13 (KJV)

 Study this Scripture with me. Now Peter and John were ignorant. Peter and John didn't know much. They were also unlearned. Meaning they were illiterate. But, the world noticed that they had Light in them.

 The bible says, "They took knowledge of them, that they had been with Jesus."

 What does the world say about us? Is Jesus easily seen in our lives? Can people see Jesus? Have we truly possessed the Light of Jesus in our lives?

Prayer: Father. We thank you. We appreciate you. We bless your name. Lord, help us walk in the Light of Jesus. We bind every form of darkness in our lives! We ask that you fill us up with the Light that the darkness cannot comprehend. In Jesus name, we ask. Amen!