Jesus is everlasting life

Day four

[ Main Scripture :John 3:16; John 3:36]

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.
John 3:16 NKJV

God demonstrated His love towards us by sending His only Son to die for us. This tells us something about love. Love is shown by the things we do. To show that God loves us, He sent His only Son to die for us.

 When you study why people do things, you always have to examine their 'Why's. Its very important. When you examine that, you'll easily understand their motive. Why did God want to send His Son? In the Scripture above. We see something pretty unnatural. God doesn't get anything by sending His only Son to die for us.

A lot of actions are done with selfish ambition. But God's Love is so pure that it sees no self- gratification. God's Love just gives itself out unto us. Why? Because God is Love.God's very nature is to love us. God exists to love His creation. But that Scripture also promises what we usually don't consider.

Its already enough that Jesus died for us, but to have eternal life? That's a bonus! The difference between someone who goes to Hell and another who goes to Heaven is one choice. Its a difference in belief. What you believe will either propel you to Heaven or cast you to hell.

Heaven is not for perfect people. Heaven is a place for people who believe in Jesus. The bible says, "That whoever believes in Him, should not perish but have everlasting life." The only condition given is one of believing in Jesus.

You cannot believe in something that you are not committed to. You have to be committed in following Jesus every single day. Why? Because He gives everlasting life.

He who believes in the Son has everlasting life; and he who does not believe the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him."
John 3:36 NKJV

John says it again. "He who believes in the Son has everlasting life." What's everlasting life? Life that lasts. People don't believe in heaven and that's why they waste their lives away. It's your belief in the reality of Heaven that makes your pursuit of Jesus  more determined.

The other part of the Scripture says, "He who does not believe in the Son shall not see life." What life is John talking about? There's life that exists beyond life here on Earth. Making it to heaven is not in the Do's and Don'ts, its rather in following a person. That person's name is Jesus. And today, He is giving you eternal life.

Prayer:  Father we thank you. We thank you for sending your only Son to die for our sins. We acknowledge you as our Father. We acknowledge your Lordship over us. We acknowledge your Love towards us. Father, magnify your Love into our hearts that we may know you. In the mighty name of Jesus Christ we pray. Amen.