Chapter 19

Now, the nervousness did not let up in Jade's heart. Spending the day with Dick Grayson sounded like a dream come true for her and it probably was for other girls too. She should be feeling excited, but the pounding of her blood was so loud, she could feel it in her ears.

"Excited?" Richard asked her, as they walked down the dirty but busy sidewalks of Gotham. His usual shades were present on his face, in the usual black shade that matched every other piece of his ensemble.

Jade however, smiled in response. Her beige neutrals were exact contrasts against him. It was almost as if they had what the other needed. "I am, but I don't like to be kept in the dark silly." Her reply came out as a childish whine. One that enticed Richard to keep his secrets to himself. Making her restless and anxious was his source of entertainment at the moment.

"Hey! Quit enjoying this!" She barked at him, playfully shoving his shoulder as he chuckled at her. She was something else, that was for sure. "I'm not! I swear! Quit it." He laughed as she poked his rib cage aggressively.

Both Richard and Jade were pretty ticklish. However, Jade was definitely the more vulnerable. It wouldn't be long before he figured that out. With her prodding, he slightly jumped. Not as much as she'd like, but enough to show some sort of discomfort.

"Oh! So Mr.Grayson is a bit uncomfortable with some tickles huh?"

"Hm, it feels as if you're hiding how much you are by pointing at me." He pointed out, as his fingers strummed up from it's place on her waist and played a vicious song on her rib cage. From the way they held each other so tenderly, one would mistake the two teenagers as a couple.

"What song should I play?" He joked, as she squirmed. She tried to hold back her laughter as he caressed her. He played the slender digits up her ribs, as if it were a piano.

"Back off!" She laughed, throwing her head back in a fit. He loved the way it sounded like music to his ears. There was no sound sweeter than this. He wondered what other sounds she could make. The thought itself made him cough loudly as he pulled away from his assault.

"You're lucky I don't pummel you, Richard." She warned, as her deep breaths kept her clueless from the thoughts that clouded his mind moments earlier.

"I'd like to see you try." He smirked, lacing his fingers with her own he tugged her down the street. When he finally stopped, they stood at the edge of one of the only parks around. There were families, food stands, and plenty of critters present. Everyone seemed to be having a good time, and those days were far from bountiful when it came to Gotham. It was a relief to see even a pinch of the sun in the grey skies that usually clouded above the city.

"The park?" She asked him, wondering what exactly the point was. To be honest, this was one of the few times the city didn't look at dreary and depressing as usual. At least they were taking advantage of it.

"Well...yeah! I just figured since you're still kinda shaken up and your injuries are costly, maybe it was best to relax." He explained, the words laced with a layer of anxiety. "But knowing you, being stuffed up in the house is the last thing you'd want so." He trails off, upon crossing the crosswalk hands laced together.