27. Fear

"We are taking Jin hyung to the hospital."

"What?"

My heart dropped. The call ended and I looked at my phone. Even though my eyes were lingering on the pitch-black screen my mind was somewhere else. A moment of silence. 

Hospital.  

Jin has to be hospitalized, they are rushing him there. So he lost consciousness. I bit down on my lower lip. How serious is his condition? what could have happened to him? did his health deteriorate or......

Is it an accident?

A scene of Jin covered in crimson blood lying cold on a hospital bed flashed before my eyes making my breath hitch.

With time my guesses became more and more horrific causing my blood to cool. I took in a deep breath and sat on the couch to calm myself down. Don't tell me, did he disappear all of a sudden because of his sickness? Just the thought of it made me feel upset. After such so long of not seeing you the first thing I hear about you is this?

I couldn't sit still and do nothing anymore. So what we didn't talk for a while, it falls on my responsibility to go and visit him in the hospital. Yes, I'll do that. I stood up in determination. 

Wait, Taehyung didn't even mention the hospital's name. Should I call him? Oh hell no the way he talked just now showed what kind of a tight situation he is in right now, I don't want to be an insensitive person right now. 

Oh right! the hospital he took Minnie to. I didn't mention that hospital, he took us there. That could be the hospital he commonly goes to. Let's try a shot in the dark and go there. Better than just sitting here and overthinking. 

I stopped again.

I can't go to visit him empty-handed. I thought for a while. I could buy some sweets on my way there- oh no that wouldn't be a good idea he shouldn't have store boughten food now. Then this calls on me to put my baking skills into action. I rolled up my sleeves and entered the kitchen.

White chocolate chip cookies it is. 

°°°

The timer stopped with a sound. The entire house smelled of butter. 

I came out of my room in my changed clothes and opened the oven with my gloved hand. A puff of hot steam blew on my face. I took the cookies out and put them in a see-through glass jar. With a final touch that is tying a red ribbon around the jar, I left my apartment. 

Taking a taxi after a 15 minutes walk I arrived in front of the hospital. My gaze was fixed on the signboard and suddenly I felt nervous. Who knows what news awaits for me inside this building. Maybe Jin's not here at all or maybe I'll not get to see him even if he is. I sighed and entered the building. 

A slight smell of bleach lingered in the air. 

"Hello, how can I help you ma'am?" The receptionist greeted me with a smile. I smiled back.

"Umm could you tell me where I could meet patient Jin?" I awkwardly tried to explain to her even though I myself didn't have any information. With all the things I told her she looked through her laptop screen. Her straight eyebrows slowly crashed against each other and I knew she didn't find anyone with that name. 

He's not admitted here then. 

"He was admitted here somewhere around 1:00 pm." I said the last string on information I had. The girl continued to search again with a nod.

"Jin, Jin, Jin, Jin Oh!" She exclaimed with a satisfied smile and looked up at me, "You are talking about the patient in the VIP cabin Mr. Kim Seo-"