seventeen

mingyu had spent another day, seen with his friends bickering at the famous cafeteria. its been going well to be honest. though minghao couldnt stop worrying after knowing that mingyu was only using them, then will leave. but mingyu seemed to be keeping things steady at the moment.

"mingyu!"

"yeah, hyung?" he answered to his call. before the older could continue, he first got closer to the boy who sat at the benches. "i just heard a while ago that your club thing had a meeting this lunch. arent you going?" soonyoung asks.

"wait. we do?!" mingyu jumps, confusedly. "y-yeah. dont you know?" he stutters. "well, not really. but thank you! ill be off then" mingyu packs his things, bidding goodbye to the older. "wheres gyu going?" jihoon asks, as he approaches the benches with the others, holding their trays for lunch. "he had to go to a meeting" soonyoung shrugs, with mischievous eyes. "dont tell me your going to spy on him, just to see whether wonwoo and him are talking already"

"oh please, hoon. i would never"

hearing a such response from soonyoung, had only made jihoon throw him that 'really' look. "or am i?" soonyoung wiggles his eyebrows with a naughty smile, then went running off, even before the boys could stop him. "oh here we go again." he sighs. without any doubt, the group didnt delay more toㅡrun off with him.

"youngie please dont do-" soonyoung shushed jihoon, with all boys quietly peering at the said classroom. somehow they looked like 7 huge rats spying on their friend, at the back of the iron gate. mingyu who was silently sitting there, reading a book or doing something, waits as more of his classmates to pass by. he didnt even noticed that his hyungs were spying on him. "you do know he's going to be baffled and mad when he sees us, right?"

"oh please. he would never see us from here"

"hyung we're barely 1m away from him. meaning he could see us anytime. why are we even doing this? i look like an idiot. bye im going-" seungkwan points to the peaceful boy, and tried to get away. but as expected, soonyoung didnt let him go. "come on kwan. please? anyways, you would want to experience something gay, right?" he wiggles his eyebrows, only making the younger roll eyes.

"why would he want to experience something like that, young? and besides, i told you. it is not happening!" jihoon warns the boy. but it still didnt affect soonyoung from wanting to see something gaㅡ

the group stopped teasing each other as soon as they heard mingyu and a unfamiliar voice, talking.

"hi mingyu!" kihyun waves to mingyu who crossed his arms, seeing the boy. "ah yes hi idiot." he says, absurd. "aeyy. dont be like that, im still your hyung!" he punches the boy, slightly on his shoulder. "ow ow. i know i know. i just act like the older" mingyu raises an eyebrow on the older. "yeah whatever"

"anyways, i heard wonwoo's coming"

"w-wonwoo?" he stuttered, always when hearing the boy's name. "yeah. you know, that guy" kihyun points to the tall figure approaching the room. them. "well, i better be off then. see ya" he immediately stood up as he sees wonwoo nearing them. "hyung wai-" prior to mingyu calling out the older, he stopsㅡjust as wonwoo was less than a step away from him.

"h-hi mingyu!"

wonwoo stuttered, but still greeted the boy with delight. "h-hi." mingyu uttered in return. indeed it was so random for wonwoo to just come up to the boy like that. well, he did return his wallet last time. but it still wasnt enough to say that it was normal again to talk to him like that. as if nothing happened. ok, what the hell. "so. you came for the meeting as well?"

"y-yeah." he answered. "okay. well um, i w-wanted to ask something by the way. i-if its okay?"

"yeah sure. i guess." mingyu replied. with a nervous thought in mind. "soo. i saw y-you the other day and, those boys are your f-friends, right?" mingyu was perplexed as wonwoo had sat beside him. but he was much flustered by his question. oh fuck. well that topic had to be solved by some time anyway, right? and maybe, the time wasㅡnow.