IV

She looks at me curiously and asks , " Yeah , how'd you know ?"

I glance around , chuckle ,and say , " It's on your notebook ."

" Oh right," Ezme says, " I forgot about that ."

" You're the new transfer right?" I ask while picking up the rest of my things .

" Yeah , I'm trying to find the biology room ." Ezme says .

" It's in the second corridor ," I say , " 3rd room to the right ."

" Thank you so much !" Ezme exclaims .

" No problem ," I say while getting up , " See you around , Ezme ." I turn the corner after I get up and this time I make sure that there is no one to bump into. The rest of the day goes by and I can't shake off the uneasy feelings that begin to take over my thoughts . I mean I know I can dream of people's future , but usually they don't appear after I do .

When the final bell of the day rings , I rush to my locker . It's my day off , so I want to get home as soon as possible . When I reach my locker I see Ezme . I begin to panic . What is she doing here ? She looks at me and says , " Hey you're the girl from earlier . Can you help me open my locker?"

" Um , sure . My name's Celeste." I say, while trying to hide my shock.

" Thank you again." Ezme says .

" You're welcome ," I say . I begin to put in her locker combination, and 30 seconds later it's open.

She looks at me and says , " I never got a chance to properly thank you for helping me ."

" Oh it's okay ," I say .

" No I insist," Ezme says , " Let me get your number ."

" Seriously ," I say while opening my locker , " It's okay."

" I won't take no for an answer." Ezme says in a determined voice .

" Fine," I say giving in to her demands , and proceeding to hand her my phone .

" I'll hit you up ," Ezme says calmly .

" Okay ," I say with just a tad lack of disinterest . I take all my things out of my locker and start to leave . For a second I remember the dream , so I turn around and ask , " How are you getting home?"

" Oh , I might take the bus . My car is in the shop." Ezme says .

I'm not too keen on making new friends , but Ezme could be in danger . So I ask her , " Do you need a ride ?"

" No," Ezme says , " I'll just take the bus ."

" You said you're the new transfer right?" I ask .

" Yeah," Ezme says .

" Then there's no way you know how to get around ," I say .

" I kinda know my way around ." Ezme says .

" Kinda isn't knowing ," I say stubbornly , " I'll take you home . I don't have work later , so I have time to spare ."

" But-," Ezme says .

" No buts ," I say , " I won't take no for an answer ."

" Fine," Ezme says begrudgingly .

" Great ," I say while picking up my bag , " My cars in the student parking lot ." I begin to walk out of the school building and Ezme follows me . When we get to my car, I unlock the car and tell her , " You can put your bag in the back seat ."

" Okay," Ezme says shyly.

I wait for Ezme to enter the car to ask , " Where are we going?" Ezme tells me her address , I put it into the gps , and we left the school parking lot .

The ride to her house was awkward in the beginning , but once we started listening to music , we started to loosen up . I found out that we share the same taste in music , movies and tv-shows . I don't usually care for the comfort of others , but for some reason Ezme's company didn't bother me . It only took 30 minutes to get to Ezme's house .

When I got to Ezme's house , she said , " Thanks for the ride this is me ."

I told her " You're welcome."

She turns to me and tells me , " I'm serious , I will properly thank you for helping me ."

" Alright ," I say as Ezme grabs her bag from the back , and proceeds to leave .

" See you ," Ezme says.

" See you ," I say as Ezme closes the door . I wait for Ezme to get into her house and then drive off . When I get home I go straight to my room . I need time to reflect everything that happened today. I play with my hair and nails. I begin to feed into my bad stressful habits .

Ezme didn't look like she's been kidnapped , or gone through anything traumatic. She definitely wouldn't have gotten in my car , if she had gone through any type of trauma . She seems to be open , most people who've gone through traumatic situations seem to shut themselves in . Ezme wasn't like that at all .

I begin to think more into it . I had the dream of Ezme 3 days ago . She came to crestmont high 3 days later. I don't dream of the past .3 days is way too quick to be kidnapped and found . This only means one thing : Ezme is going to get kidnapped . But the question is when ?

I become encased in my own thoughts and soon I fall asleep . As I dream I find myself tied to a chair , with my arms behind my back . I'm not gagged but I'm blindfolded . I don't move , I know that the chair is old and it creaks .

Suddenly I hear , " You've been a good girl Ezme." I become frantic and nauseous. The sound of their voice is sickening . I've never done anything to anybody , so what motive would they have against me .

They come towards me and I bitterly say , " You disgust me ."

They say in a hostile manner , " Careful what you say Ezme . Attitudes can be a ugly thing."

I dryly say , " And crimes can lead to jail time ."

In an irritable voice they say , " You're testing me . And I don't have much patience ." Suddenly I feel a hand grip up my face and squeeze it tightly . I'm uncomfortable. I want to break the ties that confine me to this chair , but I can't. I'm defenseless .

I manage to mutter , " Get off of me."

They slap me and shout , " Ezme , this is your last warning !". My cheek stings and I know they must be bright red , but I don't care . I don't know how long I've been here , but I know I'm tired of it . I begin to chuckle and this only irritates my kidnapper. They wrap their hands on my neck and start to squeeze it . I feel the air escaping from my lungs . My nostrils enflare and I discreetly gasp for air . I refuse to show my struggle .Some people are messed up, they get a strange satisfaction from suffering . The pressure increases and I can't fight it anymore . I can't breath.

I wake up gasping for air . It takes a while for me to calm down and once I do my thoughts travel all over the place . I dreamt of Ezme again . I feel unbalanced , I can't think straight , and my thoughts become scattered . I check my phone , it's 8:30 am.

________________________________

Thank you for reading ❤️