VIII

Things have been awkward between Lexie and I . I don't particularly like the concept of rejection. It makes me uncomfortable especially since we barely know each other.I don't like the possibility that I could hurt anyone , but truly I'm not interested in anyone whether it's pursuing them or interacting with them. I'm just glad that this group project is almost done.

Lately all I've been able to do is make observations , but I can never really pinpoint any source. Mr.Peterson constantly asks Ezme to stay after class every other day . Ezme doesn't seem to mind , but I can't but wonder if there is anything more to it . Ezme hasn't really paid attention to her surroundings , since she's too distracted by Renzo . I don't know if I can trust Renzo , but for Ezme's sake I hope I can. There isn't anything shady about him , but I don't trust those who fiend for perfection regardless. Reece doesn't directly approach Ezme , just watches her from a distance. It's weird and sets me off.

Over the past weeks I have had recollection of dreams between Ezme and her kidnapper. It has become more clear that there isn't one person pulling the strings .

Some nights I feel myself fading into deep slumber, out of existence, and awaking to the shocking reality of being tied to a chair. I wait patiently for some sort of interaction , or indication of passage of time. I feel nasty and absolutely overwhelmed with disgust . It's sickening and inhumane .

Sometimes my abductor sparks conversation with me , but I'm learning they don't want me to speak. To be fair I don't particularly want to hear their voice . My abductor is aggressive, violent , and impatient . I find myself counting seconds , minutes , hours , and eventually days.

I'm " fed" as well as any other person who has been abducted . In others words I rarely get fed. Even when I'm fed , I rather starve . I can't trust food from outside sources , let alone from any kidnapper. The kidnapper is weird , they beg and plead with me to eat like they care ,yet they can be so sickening

Once I refused to eat , the kidnapper grabbed me and asked , " Why won't you eat?"

" Why do you breathe ? " I asked .

" Listen here ," The kidnapper says in a rage .

" You can continue , I'm listening." I say.

" Ezme , Ezme , Ezme ." The kidnapper says in a sinister tone.

" That's my name ," I say dryly.

The kidnapper breathes but it's not normal. Their breath is of those that turn sinister . The kidnapper throws something and says , " You're insufferable."

" I'd rather be insufferable , than a lousy lowlife who gets a strange satisfaction out of kidnapping people." Ezme says nonchalantly.

" I should do something about you ," The kidnapper says irritated.

" What are you going to do exactly ?" I ask. The kidnapper doesn't respond , so I say , " You would have done something by now , if you really had the authority."

Silence falls upon the room. There is nothing to be said now. I forget how much you can test the human body. My head starts to pound , I begin to sigh heavily , and often I pass out.

Other times the roles switch from the abducted to the abductor. I'm constantly irritated and peeved over a child that's a few years younger than me . With the way she tests me, you would think I was an exam. I'm starting to doubt the things I do for money.

I try to keep her fed. It isn't in the terms of my contract to starve her , she just needs to disappear for a while . It gets boring to consistently watch someone who is either a pest or passes out. I occasionally remove the duct tape from Ezme's mouth and initiate conversation with her. My client keeps me updated on the task of what to do. I do what I'm told afterall I'm getting paid a pretty penny.