X

I dreamt of a date. I was a male in this dream and I was nervous for some reason. I knew that I had been waiting on this girl for years and that she was finally mine. This girl was special to me , so this date had to be special.

When I finally picked up the girl , she said "Hi Toni."

In response to her I happily said , " Hi Anne."

" Isn't it funny?" Anne asks me in a nostalgic tone.

" What is?" I ask.

" Well it's funny because who would've thought after all these years..." Her voice trails off and she pauses for a second. " Who would think we'd be twenty and going on our first date."

" Yeah ," I say softly . "Who would've thought?"

Anne laughs and asks , " Who would've thought I would've been the one who asked you out?"
I say , " Yeah." She was right. She asked me out last week but I insisted that I pick the date. She agreed and a week later here we are. 

" So where are we going?" She asked.

" It's a surprise ," I say while giving her a little smirk.

" Oh come on ," she says laughing while playfully hitting my arm.

" What?" I asked her while chuckling to myself.

She looks at me pitifully and says in a soft voice , " Can't you give me some sort of hint?"

I looked away because the look she gave me would usually play the upper hand. I dodge her question and simply ask her , " Are you ready to go?"

She sighs and says , " Fine. I guess I am." When she says that we leave.

I don't say anything on the ride there to keep the mystery of where we are going alive. The place where we are going cost a road trip. Road trips mean snacks and play lists. We spend two hours eating our favorite snacks , singing badly to songs , and stopping for gas and more snacks.

I stop the car a good distance from the place of our destination and begin setting up. I take the things from the car and set up 2 different spots. It's 5 pm and it's summer , so we have a while to enjoy where we are.

When I'm done setting everything up I park closer to the place. She gets out and I shout ."Surprise!"

Her eyes gleamed with happiness as she said , " You brought me to the beach."

" Yes. I remembered you never got the chance to go to the beach , so I thought why not bring you here for the first time." I say.

" Thank you so much." Anne says while she leans in to give me a kiss.

I accept the kiss and say , " Come on , that's not the only surprise I have for you."

" What ?!" She asked, shocked.

I simply smirk and say nothing.

That leaves her on edge and causes her to dully say , " This again."

" Yup," I say , while pausing for a second to keep the suspense. " This again."

I give her a cheeky little smile and she follows my lead.

When we get to the small reserve on the beach , I say, " Welcome to our own sand castle."

" Couldn't we have just gone to a public area with anyone else?" She curiously asked me.

"  No," I say while looking directly at her, " Then it wouldn't be as special for you."

She sighs and says , " Okay, but you took me to the beach and I have nothing to wear."