V

I get a notification on my phone : it's from Ezme. She wants to know if we can hang out later . I stare at the notification with uneasiness. I can't process what just happened . Ezme broke my pattern . It's like she's a glitch in my system . I know I can't avoid her for today.She's too persistent . But I've decided that I'll avoid her after today .

I unlock my phone and text her back . I text her and ask her ' What are you doing up at this ungodly hour?' She responds to me and the conversation carries on from there . We decided that we'd go to the mall , but first we'll meet up at her house .

I take a bath , head to my room , and begin to get ready. I open up my mini book bag and toss in lip gloss , my phone charger , headphones , and my wallet . I go in my closet and I pull out a green two piece set. It's a casual two-piece pants set that has a heaps collar and stripped letters printed army green . I pair the set with white puma's . I know it's a risk to wear white sneakers out , but I can always clean the sneakers if anything happens.

I head downstairs and put my mini book bag by the door , before I go to the kitchen . I enter the kitchen and my dad asks , " And where would you be going?"

I look at him and say , " There's a new kid at school named Ezme and she wants to thank me for helping her yesterday."

He looks at me with a bit of a shocked expression and says, " So I take it you'll be going out."

" Um yeah.." I say and my voice trails off . Then I say, " That is if I can go out."

He looks at me with a soft expression and says , " Yeah , you can go out ."

" Thanks dad." I say with a bit of excitement in my voice .

" Just don't come into the house at 2 in the morning ." My dad says trying to tease me .

" Ahahah haha ha ," I say dryly .

" When are you leaving ?" My dad asks .

" 11:20 ," I say as I open the fridge. " We want to get to the mall by 1 ."

My dad checks his watch and says , " It's only 10:30."

" I know," I say. " The early bird catches the worm . Right?"

He chuckles and says , " Yeah."

" Besides ," I casually say , " I wanted to eat breakfast . So what are you making?"

" Nothing ," he says as he proceeds to check the fridge , " But what do you want?"

" A smoothie ," I say while smiling .

" What do you want in your smoothie ?" He asks me .

" Anything. It doesn't matter." I say to him as I sit down . My dad makes the best smoothies , so I always try to trick him into making me one . He makes the smoothie and I tell him thank you . I drink the smoothie and I am in drink paradise . I'm pretty sure it should be a crime to make something so healthy taste so good .

I get up from the kitchen counter and my dad asks," Are you leaving ?"

" No ," I say , " I want to clean this cup before I go ."

" I'll take care of that for you," my dad says as he reaches out for the cup.

" Thank you ," I say .

" No problem," my dad says , " Do you need any money?"

" No , I am good ." I say as I approach my dad and hug him . " Bye dad"

" Bye Celeste ," he says, " Be safe ."

" I will," I say as I leave the kitchen . I head to the door and grab my mini book bag and car keys. I leave the house , and head towards my lexus . As soon as I got inside my car , I noticed that my dad transferred $1,000 into my bank account . Of course he did that , even after I told him I didn't need it . I guess since I never go out , he thought he needed to give me the money . After all I never go anywhere , so I never have anything to spend .