the girls🍃

Today was a new day. She tried to ignore all the mixed emotions she was feeling. About rue, about Fez, about Nate, even about Jess. She just felt like it was best to ignore it and today was the perfect opportunity, because of a text she got yesterday from a certain group of girls.

Maddy 💅🏽
Jaylaaaa we heard you're back in town. Let's hang! Who's down?
Kat😼
I'm def down!!
Cassie✨
You guys can come to my house. I know lexi misses you <3
BB🤪
I'll bring the 🍃
Jayla 😈
I'm down!! ill come @5.

"Auntie is it okay if i sleep over at Cassie's? I haven't seen my girls in a hot minute..." Leslie' lips flattened into a disapproving line. "Please?" Jayla begged her Aunt.

Leslie was hesitant but at the same time grateful she even asked. I know... the bar is on the fucking. Leslie thought about it for a minute before simply agreeing. She honestly felt bad for her niece.

As Jayla started packing for the sleep over, Rue watched her in confusion. "Where are you going?" Rue asked in her same brooding tone. Jayla then began to apply mascara and lipgloss before putting on her shoes.

She felt bad that she was leaving Rue, but at the same time she knew that Rue didn't like her friends and only used Lexi. Which Jayla hated, because Lexi didn't deserve that.

"Cassie's." She told her bluntly. "I would've asked if you could come, but I know you only tolerate Kat and don't need lexi for anything right now so..." Jayla started again, but quickly regretted it.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Rue began to sit up as she questioned her cousin. Jayla didn't want to get into it with Rue. There was no point.

Even though they both knew she was right, Jayla steered away from talking about Lexi. "It just means you don't really like Maddy and Cassie like that." Jayla said as she tried to leave the room.

"I meant what you said about lexi." Rue rolled her eyes as she clarified.

"We'll talk about it later, okay?" Jayla tried to reason with her cousin. "I love you." She said before once she heard nothing from Rue.

"Yeah whatever" rue said lazily. Jayla started to feel really bad, but she knew she was being truthful nonetheless.
~
Jayla knocked on Cassie's door for it to be opened by Lexi. Lexi's eyes opened wide "Jayla?!" She asked as Jayla pulled her into a hug. "Cassie didn't tell me you were coming."

"Maybe she wanted it to be a surprise, anyways. I want to catch up soon, I know you don't really like hanging out with the other girls and it's best when it's just you and I... right" Jayla said as she walked up the stairs with Lexi.

"Yeah I guess you're right. Well I'll see you at school..." Lexi said as she walked into another room. Jayla walked into Cassie's room and all the girls started to whistle and shout as Jayla twirled. Oh how she really missed her girls.
~
A couple of hours had passed and the girls we're either drunk or high. Jayla and BB were cross faded, per usual. "Nate's been such an ass lately, I can't wait to get his ass back." Maddy laughed out as she complained about her boyfriend... ex- who even knows anymore.

     "Honestly he doesn't deserve the time of day." Jayla said as she stared at the ceiling. Everyone was confused because Jayla never spoke wrong about really anyone other than her parents.

"I'm serious Maddy, even though you're a bitch sometimes doesn't mean he can ignore the fact that you're a BAD bitch." Jayla said as she went to look Maddy in the eyes.

      "You're right. Men ain't shit!" Maddy said as she got up to dance to the music that played from the speaker. BB got up too and began to sway to the beat. Kat watched and laughed until Jayla pulled her and Cassie up.

       "You can say that again." BB laughed out. As they all laughed and danced. Jayla ended up grabbing Lexi from her room and danced with her too. Ignoring all of her complaints about the time and the volume of the music.

"You just need to catch a dick and get over him." Kat told her as she she scrolled on her phone.

"Girl you need to catch a dick..." Maddy replied defensively.

"Listen we all need to catch a dick and not just any dick, magnificent dick! Because we all deserve to get dick that matches our bad bitch energy." Jayla said trying to mediate.

"We need to walk into that party like our pussy costs a million dollars!" Bb said as they danced to the music. Jayla had no idea what part Bb was talking about but just nodded.

"I'd settle for like-" Kat began but Jayla cut her off.

"Nuh uh ain't no 'settling' a million fucking dollars. Period!" Jayla told her as she danced with Lexi some more.

Jayla was glad that she could have fun with her girls, even if she felt like something... someone was missing. It still felt great, because as her hips swayed to the beat, that's all she could even think of.

She didn't think about how she would have a terrible ass hangover. She didn't think about how much she missed her sister. She didn't think about how bad she felt leaving Rue after their argument. Or about the drug test she would fail, once she got home. She was focused on her and her friends.

_________________________
if you hadn't noticed the songs I add mainly describe the "vibes" of characters of a specific scene.
you should play the music when they start dancing!
anywaysss I hope you enjoyed :) this also isn't how the scene goes exactly, but I'm not following the show exactly so it's cool 👍😌
_________________________