well hello to you then🍃

Rue was finally released from her prison sentence, so automatically her mood lifted a bit. "Get up Jayla or I'll leave you here." Rue shook Jayla awake, even though Jayla really didn't want to wake up. Jayla groaned, but still went to get ready.

They had only made up because rue completely forgot about the previous argument they were in, and Jayla knew it was best to just pretend like it didn't even happen. "Where are we even going?" Jayla asked as she took her hair out of her messy bun and put on a cute outfit.

"Don't worry about it, I got someone to see." Rue said as she walked out the door. Jayla didn't worry too much because she knew her cousin wasn't getting into no gang banging shit.

Jayla rode on her skate board and listened to music while rue rode her bike, concentrating on nothing.

They soon came to a stop at the corner store to see a very relaxed fezco sitting in a chair.

"hey, Rue. Jayla." Fez said in his regular calm tone. Jayla just smiled at him. "Some new girl in town I think you could be friends with." Fez told Rue. Jayla didn't really care about no new girl, she had enough "friends".

"Who?" Rue asked her dealer in a small voice.

"Shit, ion know. She came in yesterday lookin all sailor moon n shit. I'm thinking to myself, look like someone Rue would get along with." The red head replied right before relighting his black. Jayla silently laughed at the funny description.

"How long you been back?" He then asked Rue. Jayla was starting to get bored because they weren't even having a real conversation to listen to.

"5 or something days." Rue replied swaying slightly. Jayla played with Rue's curls as she listened to the music that had been loud enough to tune out their conversation. Jayla then realized that she had only known fez for a week.

"How you feelin?"

"I mean ever since I gave my life over to my lord and savior Jesus Christ, things have been like really good." Rue said in response to fez's question. Jayla couldn't help but laugh as she played with her necklace.

"Word?" Fez asked.

"Nah I'm just fuckin with you Fez." Rue said as she slapped his shoulder.

"I mean shit i don't judge." Fezco laughed out.

"Yo but like is Ashtray out back?" Rue asked. That's when Jayla finally took out her earbud. Who the fuck was Ashtray and why the fuck does she need him?

"Are you serious." Fez asked concerned. This made Jayla feel even more worried and confused. Who names a motherfucker Ashtray?

"Hey you think just because I went to rehab I stayed clean." Rue joked. So he's a plug.

Fezco rubbed a hand over his head. "I mean ain't that the point?" Fez asked seriously.

"Yeah well the world's coming to an end and I haven't even graduated high school yet." Rue said as she walked out into the back. Jayla rolled her eyes at her cousin. Always so dramatic.

Her legs started to feel tired, so Jayla being Jayla sat on Fez's lap. "Well hello to you then." Fez laughed surprised. Jayla just looked at him and smiled. "How you know Rue?" Fez asked Jayla after taking a hit.

"I could ask you the same thing." she laughed. "I'm her cousin." Jayla told him without further explanation. How did Jayla not remember to tell him that's who she's staying with. They had only talked four times since she moved, but they were long talks about lots of things.

Fez handed her his black and she took a long hit, grabbing his face and blowing the smoke it into his mouth. She didn't know what had gotten into her. Maybe it was because she was bored. Maybe it was because he looked especially good in that shirt.

"Jay, you're crazy. But i ain't even gonna lie, i like it." Fez chuckled trying to ignore whatever he was feeling. "Whatchu listening to?" He asked her. Jayla put an earbud in his ear and pressed play.
Fez listened to the music and smiled.

"I'm gonna have to put you onto my playlist too, huh?" Jayla joked as Fez nodded and wrapped his arms around her waist. She liked feeling his arm around her. She played with his fingers as they listened to the music, her eyes closing as she looked up at the sky.

Soon they heard the door open and Jayla hopped up subconsciously. She didn't want Rue getting the wrong idea.

Not even a minute later Nate's truck came up and Fez got out of his seat to help him get shit for a party he was throwing at Mckay's.

"You coming Friday?" Nate asked as he put both his hands on her hips. Something he always did and she never thought much about. Fez watched the little encounter and for some reason didn't like it.

"Uh yeah I'll be there." Jayla knew she was reaching, she didn't really know how lenient her aunt would be. "Hey Mckay... why you hiding from me?" Jayla joked. All he did was wave, to which she winked and walked over to Rue's side.

"I better see you Friday." Nate teased before hopping back into his truck.

Nate was now leaving and decided it would be a good time to make a rude comment. "I'd do it for Rue." He yelled out. Rue just rolled her eyes.

These were the moments that had Jayla genuinely wondering why she was his friend. "Shut it asshole." Jayla yelled back at him. Nate, Mckay, and rue just laughed at Jayla's boldness.

____________________________________
i know y'all are there so don't be afraid to comment :) also I'm gonna post a couple chapters today!
____________________________________