The Prologue

Prologue

Whoever said life was easy was obviously never famous.

It took blood, sweat and tears to get me to where I was today. Not to mention the shameless pleading to my parents and huge financial cuts from my college funds.

I have worked my ass off to achieve everything I have. I haven't relaxed for one single minute. I deserve every good thing that comes my way; my success, my fame, my wealth.

I earned it all.

Now, you may be asking, who am I?

So let me introduce myself.

Hi, I'm Riley Hillary Grant, daughter of Kelly and Greg Grant and twin sister of Veronica Anne Grant.

I was born and raised in Wisconsin but am now living in the heart of Hollywood. I guess you could call me your average everyday 17 year old girl.

Except for the fact that I was a global singing sensation at the age of 15, one of the youngest recipients of a Grammy ever and owner of two Platinum records.

You also might be wondering what had motivated a 15 year old girl to become a world renowned superstar.

To be honest, the rockstar fantasy usually ended once a girl entered their teenage years, realising that it would only ever be nothing more than a fantasy.

Most girls by that age moved onto crushing on boys, focusing on popularity and passing their classes at school.

But I wasn't like all the other girls. From a very young age, I started to wonder about my life's potential and the meaning for my very existence, while all the other ten year olds out there were dreaming about ponies and princesses.

I realised that there were 7 billion people on this planet but we couldn't all be remembered once we left. There were just too many of us.

In reality, most of us will all be forgotten in the next 500 years, no one who knew us to pass on our legacy or name. There would be no trace of our existence. There would have been no meaning to us ever being brought into this world.

Soon enough, names like Obama or Beyonce will all have been forgotten.

But I refused to be forgotten. I just couldn't bear the thought of having no one remember me once I was gone. Like my memory had just been washed away with the tide of new names to be remembered.

So as a determined ten year old, I pushed myself to make my existence known and remembered, my achievements documented in textbooks and my success tattooed into the history of our world.

I took up singing, dancing and acting lessons, sacrificed so much of my social life and worked to the brink of insanity. I lost friends, lovers and opportunities.

But it had all been worth it.

You can't even walk into town without seeing a poster of me or reading about my success in a magazine.

I was a global phenomenon; the most talented star of the century.

Until everything changed.