𝟙𝟙

we got to the hospital, piled out of the car with the cups of ice that had our fingers in it with us

we got to the hospital, piled out of the car with the cups of ice that had our fingers in it with us. the staff gasped as we groaned as we got taken to hospital rooms, Lindsey refused to be apart from me and quite frankly so was i. they let us stay in the same room as they worked on our injuries.

"what happened to you guys?" the doctor questioned us as we got our fingers sewed back on. i sighed, "we went to a haunted house for fun, we didnt know there was someone living in the house...he held us in our rooms and took us down one at time.." my breath caught which made it believable.

"its okay, you're safe." the nurse assured us. i sniffled as i glanced at Lindsey who cried, "he tortured us separately, we never ever saw his face. he cleaned our wounds, stitched up what needed stitched before getting someone else. he did this for 48 hours." i sniffled as i glanced up at the sky, "he killed 3 of our friends, we dont know how they died...we just saw their bodies. once the 48 hours was up, he let us go. none of us saw his face, or heard him talk..he wore a mask." i muttered as my heart rate went up as did Lindsey's as we thought over everything that happened.

"you guys will need to report this to the police, how many of you were at the house before he attacked?" i cried, "8." he nodded, "what was your friends names that passed away?" i sniffled and wiped at my face with my arm that wasnt being stitched up, "Emily Ryder, Taylor Moore and Haley Myers." he nodded writing down the names.

"what house was this?" Lindsey sniffled, "the house that 8 teenagers died tragically in back in 1987. none of us remember the name, one of our friends rented it out for Halloween...he was hoping to see some ghosts." the doctor nodded, "we've had a few deaths that happened at that house over the years, one survivor everytime." i cried, "5 of us survived..."

he nodded, "you 5 are very lucky." Lindsey sniffled, "are we?" i frowned as i knew all 5 of us would suffer with PTSD and depression, some of us with worse depression... "you guys survived a serial killer, you didnt know he was there?" i shook my head, "we never heard or seen anything, no sign of life was in that house besides the last people who owned it."

he nodded, "do you know where he was stayed?" Lindsey and i shook our heads, "no, we have no idea." the nurse sighed, "we'll get you guys fixed up." the doctor nodded, "do some scans, tests and give you pain medication and antibiotics to fight off any infections that may have gotten in your injures." we both nodded as they gave us medication as i glanced over at Lindsey, "we're alive baby." she sniffled, "yeah we are." i sent her a small smile, "now we heal together."

she nodded as she chewed on her bottom lip. "get some rest you guys, you had a rough 2 days i can only assume." the doctor told us after the scans was done as we both nodded. they moved our beds closer together as i gripped Lindsey's bandaged hand. she squeezed my hand, "i love you Luke." i smiled a little at her, "i love you too."

the doctor and nurse left us alone, we both sighed of relief. "we're okay, its over." i muttered. "thank god." she said with a sigh at the end. i squeezed her hand gently, "now we heal and plan on our wedding." she nodded smiling a little, "and graduate college."

"and not go to any haunted houses ever again." i muttered. "hell no, if someone ever brings up a haunted house im punching them." i chuckled, "i'll hold the person down." i sighed, "get some rest angel, we're okay." she nodded, "i know we are. i dont feel anything, its really over." i sighed of relief, "no evil spirit?" she shook her head, "nothing."

"thank god." i muttered. i kept my hand in hers as i let sleep take over me.

*couple hours later.*

i woke up to screams as i sat up and glanced at Lindsey's bed and saw her withering around. i cursed and was very thankful we were still in our clothes from earlier and tugged her into my arms somehow, "baby wake up." i muttered as the doctor and nurse rushed in, "is she okay?" i nodded, "nightmare." they both sighed of relief, "your friends had them too."

"i did too." i muttered as i rocked Lindsey in my arms carefully, "im right here, wake up for me princess. you're okay, its over. we're safe, honey its Luke. wake up for me sweetheart." i cooed in her ear as she gasped awake and burst into tears. i sighed of relief and tugged her into my arms, "you're okay." she sobbed, "fuck." i shhed her, "i had them too, so did the guys."

"great." she muttered. i kissed her head and pulled her away, "we're gonna get through this." she sniffled, "i know." i pecked her lips as i held her in my arms as she gripped my waist carefully. "stay with her, she seems content and safe." the doctor told me. i smiled a little and nodded as i carefully tugged her into my arms as the nurse helped me with her in my bed as she got the wires and everything fixed that Lindsey was connected to via IV.

she sniffled, "i hate nightmares." i sighed, "i know, so do i. we'll get through them." she sniffled, "i hope so.." i rubbed her back carefully as i held her tightly in my arms. "its over babygirl." i muttered in her ear as she relaxed physically in my arms.

i soon let sleep take over me again as i held my fiancee in my arms.