Chapter 9

"Maverick Theo"  I repeated the name trying to see if I'd spoken such a name.

"Kaleb search the database for that name. " I said walking towards my bookshelf while Kaleb exited the room.

" He's a pack member, I know that for sure. " Rya said taking the seat Kaleb once occupied.

I sighted in response thinking back to what that idiotic killer said

"Maybe, your pack doesn't like you as you thought they did Vanessa. "

Those words replayed in my head like a broken record on repeat.
I inhaled deeply to calm my nerves but I smelled another scent near the books, it wasn't unknown or anything just was odd to be in my office.

I started to inspect the bookshelf, moving books from the smallest in size, and height to books heavier than a paint bucket.

As I removed another book a black cable ran the opposite side behind the other books.
Throwing books off the shelf like a maniac,  consumed concentration to find the end of this cable.
" Are you mad, what the hell is the matter with you Vanessa. " Rya shout trying to dodge the book that came towards her.

I growled " be quiet " I said reaching the last book as I ran my hand over it.
The cable was attached to a small camera.

I growled taking it from its hiding spot and smashing it against the wall.
I watched as it crumble into little pieces.

" I want this place searched for every single camera. " I said to Rya looking at the crumbling pieces of what was left of the camera.

Kaleb came running into the room with a file in his hand swinging it from left to right.
"I found it!" he shouted in glee handing the document to me.

" You could've just brought your laptop you know, instead of printing it. " Rya said  laughing

" Shut it, you overgrown giraffe. " Kaleb said in a mocking way sticking out his tongue.

It didn't take long before they started to bicker.

Stop, can't you two behave like adults at least for a little longer. " I said pointing my finger at them accusingly.

" It's all her fault. " he said pouting like a lost puppy, pointing his finger as Rya.

" No, it's not it's that man-child's fault. " Rya grumbled in protest at the accusation.

I pinched the bridge of my nose and opened the file.

" It says here he's been gone for a year now. " I said looking up to see them both sticking out their tongues at each other and Kaleb giving Rya his middle finger who in turn did the same.

I face-palm myself, these two are the most unprofessional set of wolves I've seen.

"If you like Rya so much why don't you just say it already Kaleb!" I shout.

He looked away from her immediately and Rya on the other hand was as red as a tomato.

Kaleb cleared his throat, " The information in the file hasn't been updated yet, Maverick actually came back a month ago."

I eyed him for a few seconds " Kaleb.... you're responsible for updating the pack files, you idiot. " I said calmly even though I want to throw the file at him so badly.

He looked sheepishly at me then slowly backed out of the room and run down the hall.

Rya broke out in fits of laughter as I stared at the file.

Maverick is a tracker for us, he was sent to another pack to train some beginner trackers a year ago.
The file didn't say which pack he was sent to.. that's odd.