Chapter 16

He was getting nervous, this might be the most dangerous game that he and his brother are playing.

The death of their Aunt Yunari broke their family apart. Their mother went into a depression that she couldn't break out from.

Yunari was her most beloved little sister.

He took out his phone, well he said we should have a chat as soon but we can not be seen talking or the whole cover will be blown into the open.

And they couldn't afford that yet. They went through hell to get this far and the worst part was, was to play nice with people that were responsible for many things.

His phone vibrated.

"How are you?"

He rolled his eyes, how was he? He was nervous as hell, he was afraid that someone might find out since he got older it was getting harder and harder to sneak around.

"I am okay, I guess... How are you managing?"

"The same, I feel like we are in too deep."

"We are but we can not stop now. We will have to play this out and do the takedown and overthrow."

"You speak as if that is easy, you must forget the ultimate goal."

"I am not forgetting brother, but you should not forget while we want to take them down we want to take over too."

"Yes, that would be the ultimate victory for us."

"I think the ultimate victory would be to have justice for Aunt Yunari."

"But that is what we wanted from the beginning as mom and dad wanted."

"So what changed again?"

"We thought that the best victory would be to get justice and watch the families crumble."

He nodded while reading the message. That was correct because what would damn a Yakuza more than by taking over his family from the inside.

"That is true, as long as we are still in this together we can do this."

"You know I will always have your back, brother never forget."

He couldn't help to smile at the message. He and his brother were close to each other.

"I will not forget, have yourself a gold evening brother."

"You too, and do not forget to wipe all the messages."

"I won't forget."

"Good and remember we are strong."

He mouthed the words to himself, 'We are strong.' And he cleared all the messages. He opened the phone and threw away the sim card.

Luckily the sim card was a burner and could not be traced.

Every time when they get a new one, they would leave each other a message somewhere so the other could find it.

Namjoon pulled his hoodie tighter over his head, the night was chilly. His thoughts were running away from him.

If he saw her tomorrow how will he approach the subject? Well, he still had her book, maybe he will use that to strike a conversation but then he would have to admit how he got it.

And that would give off some serious stalker vibes. But what about the bloodhound of hers? Was he really a bodyguard or was he just being a nice friend?

He let out a frustrated sigh. "Why is it so difficult to talk to a girl?!"

He hesitated and saw that there was a light that shone brightly behind him. Was he being followed? His heart was pounding in his chest. He turned around, there was a black SUV and its lights were on bright.