Chapter 3: The Accident

Luz opened her eyes to see that Amity was still there. When she saw Luz was okay she smiled so wide, it almost made Luz feel bad for her, almost. "LUZ!" she said. "What happened to you? We thought you were going to be a few minutes, you wander off, and we find you lying in an alleyway half dead!? Whoever cast that electricity spell knew what they were doing... we should find them!" Luz looked at Amity with utter disgust, which Amity didn't understand. "Luz? Are you okay?" she asked. "Get away from me!" she spat. Amity was shocked. "Luz, I- I don't understand?" she said concerned. Luz was fuming. "Oh you understand PERFECTLY well! I know what you did Amity! And you expect me to TRUST you!?" Amity's eyes went wide. "I-I'm sorry I don't know...." She tried to take Luz's hand. "No, you better stay FAR away from me and my friends! I can't believe you!" Luz shouted. Then she took off towards that forest, eyes streaming. "LUZ!" Amity called after her. "WAIT!" Then she too ran into the forest after Luz.

Luz wasn't hard to follow, she wasn't trying to be. Amity kept calling after her. "Luz! Please! Don't go!" She ran after her, weaving through the trees and calling her name. Amity kept looking around her, to see if anyone, if anything was there, but it was just darkness. She didn't care if Luz hated her, she knew the woods, Luz didn't, and regardless of whatever it was Luz heard, she had her back. She was about to turn back when she heard Luz stop running. She stuck her head through the trees to see Luz sitting by the cliff, looking up at the sky. She stood there for a moment, thinking of what to say to Luz, but she couldn't keep her eyes off her. So there she stood.

Luz sat there trying to process what she had heard. She couldn't believe that Amity would do anything like that. She had seemed so NICE. She sat there, overlooking the body of the Titan and questioning everything she had ever thought of Amity. She knew Creepy Luz, she was very manipulative and could very easily trick her, but she knew in her heart she would never look at Amity the same again. She sat there, slowly falling asleep, when she heard a rustle behind her. Acting on instinct, she pulled out her fire glyph and aimed it at the direction of the noise. She hadn't spared a second to think what it might be, and that was her mistake... The spell sent whatever it was flying back and it hit the ground with a thud! But it wasn't a loud thud... it was soft... and there was a slight crunch. Luz realized that it wasn't a great beast. She hurriedly opened her eyes to see what it was, but the sight that met her eyes was something she could never prepare for, lying on the ground before her, smoking and crippled was... "Amity!"