Chapter 7: One More Day

Amity's eyelids fluttered open, her head spinning. She tried to sit up and discovered she could feel them again. Either Eda's healing methods worked miracles or something else had happened. She began to take in her surroundings. She was in an empty room, lying in a white bed. "This is weird..." she thought to herself. "This is definitely not the Owl House!" She looked around for any land marks that might prove her wrong. Suddenly, the door swung open. Amity jumped. She couldn't make out who it was, the room was too dark. "Who-who are you? Come closer!" A voice spoke back. "Amity? What are you doing here?" Amity realized who it was instantly. "Luz!" She jumped out her bed and ran in the direction of her voice. She threw her arms around Luz, crying with relief. "It worked! Your'e back!" Her voice cracked with joy. Luz returned her cries of relief. "Oh my gosh Amity! You have no idea how much I missed you!" The two girls stood there in the doorway refusing to let go of one another. "Eda and King!" Amity said pulling away from Luz. "They must be wondering where you are! Come on! Lets go see them!" Luz looked at Amity confused. "They're here too? What happened?" Amity laughed. "Of course they're here!" Luz grinned. "They are!? Wait, can I ask you something?" "Ask away!" Luz frowned. "How did all 3 of you... you know...die?" Amity shook her head. "What do you mean how did we die? We're at the Owl House aren't we?" Luz shook her head. "Amity.... this is the afterlife."

Amity shook her head. "What?" Luz took her hands. "Amity... your'e dead. Just like me... We aren't in the Owl House," her voice cracked with pain and longing. "We never will be..." Amity felt a pang. "Luz, I...." A voice boomed behind them. "You two! You need to come with me." A mysterious man materialized before their eyes. "It's urgent." Luz took Amity's hand and smiled. "It's gonna be okay Amity!" Amity returned a smile and they allowed the man to lead them through the winding passageways.

He led them to a small room. He stopped and closed the door behind him. He looked straight at Amity. "What did you do!?" he snarled. Luz stood in front of Amity. "Strange man um, sir! This must be a misunderstanding! As you can clearly see, she only just arrived! She couldn't possibly have done anything." The man shoved Luz aside and focused back on Amity. "Oh but she did!" he said. "Amity is it? Managed to cheat death! She has created an... issue in our program..." Amity raised her eyebrow. "What issue?" The strange man looked at her. "One of you can go back."