Chapter 6: The Truth

Eda was having her daily morning Apple Blood when King came stomping into the room. "Morning Eda!" Eda grinned. "Morning." King scanned the room and then looked excitedly at Eda. "So.... is Luz back!?" Eda shook her head. "She's probably out somewhere with her friend, she'll be back soon, the kid can defend herself pretty well." King lowered his head. "Oh, okay... Your'e probably be back soon!" He then ran up the stairs, rubber ducky in hand, ready to train his army. Eda grinned. That's when there was a knock on the door. Eda smiled from ear to ear, hardly containing her excitement that Luz was finally home. At least that's what she thought. "Uh Eda I think this one is for you..." said Hooty. Eda raised her eyebrow, Hooty sounded worried, even scared. The door swung open to reveal a young teenage girl with green hair and tattered clothes, kneeling on the door step. "Amity?" Eda asked. "What are you doing here?" Amity's eyes began to stream with tears. That's when Eda noticed the figure in her arms. Her eyes went wide as she realized who it was. "Luz...." she said tearing up. Amity nodded, tears streaming down her face. "This is all be fault..." she cried. "It should have been me..." Eda put her hand on her shoulder. "We'll talk inside..." she said, her voice breaking with emotion. She carefully took Luz from Amity's arms.  "Hooty, help her!" Hooty gently lifted Amity up, carried her inside and lay her on the couch. He didn't say anything but you could tell that he too was heartbroken at the sight of Luz. Eda waved him away and he returned to his duty of guarding the house. She sat down next to Amity helped to mend to her wounds. "What happened?" Eda asked.  Amity looked at her, her eyes filled with tears. "I- I was trying to- to talk to her.... and she- she cast a fire spell at me....and I guess I was kno-knocked out..." Eda looked at her. "She what!?" Amity wiped her eyes. "I think... I think she thought I- I was someone or-or something else..." Eda looked at the floor. Amity took Luz's hand once again. "When... when I saw her.... she.." Amity gulped. "She was lying just in front of me.... I think... I think she... she saved me.." She sat there trying to hold back the tears. "It.. it should have been me...." she cried. "I wish... I wish I could reverse time.... bring her back..." Eda sat there in deep thought. Then it hit her. "There is a way... but it wouldn't work... not in your condition..." "What condition?" King came running into the room, his eyes lit up when he saw Luz. "LUZ!" he yelled excitedly. He yapped and jumped onto her lap. "Oh Luz your'e back! I have so much to tell you!" Eda looked at King and shook her head. King looked down and his friend. She hadn't moved. "Luz? It's me King!" he put his paw on her face. "Luz... why did you have to leave me....." Amity shifted herself onto the floor and knelt down next to Luz. "She didn't leave you. This was all my fault. I HAVE to fix this!" She turned to face Eda. "What do I have to do?" Eda nodded her head and said: "Follow my lead! First step, put your forehead on hers." Amity's eyes went wide. "What? Me?" Eda rolled her eyes. "Yes you! Do you want to help her or not?" Amity did as she was told. "Next repeat exactly what I say: With the spell declared let the pain be shared." Amity took a deep breath. She felt a tug on her dress. "Bring her back, please..." King stared up longingly. "With the spell declared let the pain be shared..." Suddenly, a bright light illuminated the room. Both girls were lifted into the air. A small ball of light flew from Amity's chest, it split and half, and one half flew towards Luz, the other towards Amity. The light ceased and both of them collapsed on the ground.