Chapter 5: Stars

It was over, everyone was safe. They had won, Creepy Luz was gone! But so was the hero that defeated her. Luz lay there under the evening sky, her breaths fading away until there were no more breaths, and her heart ceased.

2 days later:                                                                                                                                                                              Amity woke up to see the stars shining upon her face. Her head was spinning and she couldn't feel her legs. She tried to sit up but felt a searing pain spread throughout her body. She lay there in the moonlight, her mind working to try and remember what had happened. Then she remembered. Luz. She began to frantically call out her name. "Luz? Where are you?" She looked around, and that's when she saw her. Her entire face lit up. "LUZ! Your'e here!" She waited for a response but nothing. "Ok... weird..." she thought to herself. "Luz, I get it.. your'e mad at me, but I needed to tell you something.... I...." She took her hand, but it was freezing, and limp. "Luz?" she asked. She gently turned her over so she could see her. "Luz? I- LUZ!?" She brushed the hair out her face. Her eyes filled with tears, her heart snapped in two. "LUZ! PLEASE......wake up!" She buried her face in Luz's chest, soaking her hoodie. "I'm so sorry!! Please....... don't leave me! I need you..... please....." She sat there in the dark, crying silently and holding Luz in her arms. She couldn't bare to look at her once bright eyes, now blank and staring longingly into the darkness. She tried to get her to talk.... but she knew it was pointless. "Look Luz..... do- do you see the stars?" She lay down beside her, and sunk her head into her shoulder. She looked up at the sky, eyes streaming. She lay there, not letting go of Luz's hand. She tried to divert her mind. "That- that group o-of stars looks like Azu-Azura...." She burst into a loud sob. "And that-that one looks li-like Hecate....." She blinked trying to stop herself from crying. "Like us Luz..... we- we were like them...." she sobbed. "Look at the stars....." She began to grow very tired. And she curled up there next to Luz, crying herself to sleep. She never let go of her hand, in the hope she would move, but she never did. And there they lay, together, under the stars.