3. Meet the Cokers

They were beautiful, every one of them. The youngest one was glued to their eldest sister who was running a soothing hand down her back.

One was scantily dressed and sprawled carelessly on the couch while the one on a wheelchair was assessing me with as much intensity as I was assessing them.

"Is someone going to say something?" The one on the couch spoke up.

"Hi. I'm detective Kaima Wilson, myself and my partner detective Charles Bankole are incharge of your mother's case."

"Have you found anything?" The one in the wheelchair asked in a levelled tone.

"Nothing, for now but we are hoping you girls can help us." Charles said from where he was leaning on the wall, facing me.

"How can we help?" The eldest inquired.

"While we are going through your mother's business records, we'd like to know if there is anyone you girls think could have had a reason to kill your mom, anyone with a grudge, even within this room." Charles told them

"What?" Couch girl sat up.

"It doesn't have to be right now, in fact, not right now."

"Are we suspects now?" The one on the wheels cut me off.

"You are. The truth is hidden somewhere within the high fences of this house and you all are going to help excavate it." They all stared in confusion.

"Charity begins at home, right?" Charles chipped and gave him a warning look.

"I'm sorry to announce but you've all been put under house arrest with 24hours surveillance."

"What does that mean?" Couch girl asked, her face scrunched in irritation.

"It means starting now, no one will be allowed to leave this house except under very necessary circumstances. You will all be interrogated and monitored until the killer is found and I'd advice you exercise one hundred percent cooperation."

"I cannot be put under house arrest, I have a job and my sisters have school." The eldest said, her hand loosening from around her sister who had fallen asleep.

"Your leave begins in a week, you can call and have it moved forward. Vera's school vacated today, Funmi takes online classes and Mara was withdrawn from school six weeks ago." Charles stated with that tone he used when he knew he was going to win the argument.

"You we're thrown out of school?!" She attacked the sister in the sparse clothing who was glaring at Charles. I trusted him to do his homework.

"He said withdrawn." She attempted to argue.
"The same thing! Did mom know?"

"No." She replied, not looking the least bit bothered.

"Well, since we've gotten all the inconveniences taken care off, I hope we can all be good flatmates."

"Flatmates?" They questioned in unison.

"Yes girls, I will be bunking here."

"With the hot man?" Mara eyed Charles suggestively.

"No." I said

"Is this even legal?" Funmi asked.

"It is but it shouldn't be for long, as soon as you girls are cleared, it'll be over. Interrogations start at 11, in the guest's room."

"You are officially dismissed." Charles beamed. His sense of humor was always messed up.

They all dispersed with the eldest carrying Vera. Charles crossed the room to me.