Chapter 2

Hey! Sorry for the wait! But this one is extra long!

~~~~~~~~

Hermione POV

We cheered as the final First Year joined Gryffindor. McGonagall, who was now Headmistress, said a few words then, with a wave of her wand, the bountiful feast appeared. I grabbed a pork chop, some mashed potatoes, and some green beans. Ron grabbed half of the chicken, plopped it on his plate, gave me a kiss on the cheek, then starting eating. I glanced at Draco, who is my actual boyfriend, at home at least, who gave me a sad smile, and a nod. I returned it, wishing we could have a public relationship at Hogwarts as we do at Camp Half-Blood. Oh, I guess I should explain, my real name is Hallie Granger, daughter of Athena. Draco is Drake, son of Hermes, Luna is Lucy, daughter of Athena, also my sister, and Neville is Nate, son of Demeter. At camp we were all best friends, Nate and Lucy were dating, well, they were dating here as well, but anyway, Drake and I were also dating. We were sent here to guard Harry, and I was the only one who managed to get close enough. Drake was assigned the “enemy” role, and Lucy and Nate were the “close-ish” friends. Chiron had told us that we couldn’t act like we already knew each other from somewhere else, since Nate’s background was a pure-blood, but a possible squib, Lucy’s was an outsider from a father who published a strange magazine, I was a muggle-born, and Drake was a pure-blood from a family that served the Dark Lord. Of course, it would make sense for Nate and I to pretend that we had met on the train, and I help him find Trevor.

Anyway, as I ate, I couldn’t help but think of the memories from this summer. Well, that is, until Harry broke my reverie. “Hermione!” “What?” I snapped. “I was just saying that Mcgonagall is about to start speaking.” “Oh, sorry.” I said. I looked up at Mcgonagall as she stepped up to the podium- Dumbledore’s old podium. Thank the gods that Drake didn’t kill him. I couldn’t stand it if he were stuck in Azkaban. It’s bad enough everyone thinks that he’s a Death Eater, if he had killed Dumbledore, my friends would never accept him. Once I revealed my identity to them that is. Anyway, Mcgonagall had just gone over the same rules that Dumbledore had every year, when she said she had an important announcement to make. “Tomorrow, instead of going to their first class, will the following students please report to my office: Luna Lovegood, Neville Longbottom, Ginny Weasley, Ron Weasley, Hermione Granger, Harry Potter, and Draco Malfoy. Now, I expect you are all wearied from your journey, and would like to get some rest. Good night!” The five of us at the Gryffindor table exchanged a look, then Ron spoke the words that were on all of our minds. “Why is it always us?” “Ron, I have been asking myself that for the last 7 years.” I said.

Before leaving the Great Hall, the 4 demigods exchanged a look, and I could tell what it meant: we needed to have a meeting. Tonight.

When I got to my dorm, I took out the diary Hermes gave the four of us so that we could all communicate, and it looked like I wasn’t the only one. Nate and Lucy were already on, and I figured Drake would be there soon, but he has a longer way to walk than us. I started the conversation, ‘We need to meet. I don’t like this.’ ‘Agreed, but where?’ Lucy asked ‘Room of Requirement, 11:00?’ Drake said, at last joining the conversation. ‘Perfect, but how are we going to avoid Filch and the other teachers?’ Nate asked. ‘Nate, Chiron taught us how to bend the Mist. We can cover it up if we come across them.’ Lucy said. ‘So see you in a couple of hours?’ Drake said. ‘It’s a date (:’ I said, adding a smiling face at the end. Now all I had to do was wait…

~~~Time Skip to 10:50~~~

Finally! Time to go! I carefully drew back my curtains and tip toed out of the room. I remember to step over the floorboards that creaked, and to carefully push the painting, so as not to wake the Fat Lady. When I reached the outside, I found Nate turning a corner. I dashed quietly to catch up with him, and eventually did. “Ugh, I hate talking in those accents all day. I know we’ve only been here for like, a day, but I miss camp and talking normally. Although, Drake sounds hot with a British accent.” I whispered to him. “I know right, and I love listening to Lucy’s, but constantly talking like this? Not for me. I even slipped back into at camp, earned me some weird looks from the noobs.” He whispered back. We continued in a comfortable silence. Nate had always been my best friend, he and I had arrived at camp together. We were on the run before a satyr, Jared Bush, found us in a New York ally when we were 10. The day after, we were claimed. Then Lucy and Drake arrived, at different times, and we all became best friends.