six.

incredulity through deception

[after PARITY]

The late morning had two up for training later on. With Wynter still getting herself together in the bathroom, Trent was left alone by her vanity. It wasn't even his choice to be there. She had sent him over to the vanity to get the object of her choice which Trent had long gone forgotten about once he took his seat there, mainly because he hadn't fallen out of his sleep properly the time Wynter had first asked.

Switching the vanity lights on, his blinks became rapid for a second as his eyes adjusted to the shift in brightness. He raked his fingers through his hair somewhat in an attempt to make himself look presentable. Just as he was about to get up and check up on Wynter in the bathroom, his phone began to chime unstop. He huffed out a sigh as he picked it up only to come to find out that it was the squad's group chat that excluded Wynter.

The group chat wasn't anything out of Wynter's knowledge. She knew about it and she understood why the boys created it in the first; she herself was the one to suggest it. One, she understood that the boys wanted their own space to talk without the need for a girl's presence (even though many of them felt as though a second group chat wasn't necessary). And two, the boys always spamming left Wynter tired to the point where she put forth the idea of the boys having their own man cave group chat.

And much to Wynter's relief, the spamming reduced from one hundred to zero.

When his phone continued to sound in his hand, the scouse sighed before he decided to investigate the hassle taking place in the chat.

andy
am I the only one who has seen the news today?

curtis
neco what the hell were you thinking mate?

joe
winnie is going to be on ur ass when she finds out. just putting that out there.

gini
lol imagine when wynter's friend reese finds out. she'll murder ur ass.

neco
i didn't mean for everything to happen. it just happened, i don't even remember half of last night.

bobby
winnie won't care about that. she'll just care that you hurt her friend.

trent
hurt who? what did you guys do?

andy
it's neco. the guy just couldn't take his liquor well last night.

neco
i swear trent it was a complete accident. i didn't mean it.

trent
didn't mean what?

jordan
look up his name. you'll see everything you need to know

"Oh, shit," Trent breathed out as he rubbed his palm over his face.

The pictures and words on his teammate were too vivid for him to miss or excuse. Searching up Neco's name it wasn't long before many articles and pictures taken by on goers or paparazzi were pulled up. The articles claimed that he was with a woman while pictures taken confirmed those cheating rumours, showing images of Neco with a woman that definitely wasn't Indigo.

Just as Trent was about to call out Wynter to inform her about the news, he paused in his position. There was a reason why the boys started the conversation in the group chat that excluded Wynter; they didn't want her to find out about the situation. That, of course, seemed like a difficult situation to fuse seeing as anyone with a phone and access to the internet could easily discover everything with a search-up of Neco's name.

Finding out about Neco cheating on Indigo didn't lift up Trent's mood one bit, rather angering it in one way or another. She was his friend before she was friends with Wynter. The pair grew up on the same street and Indigo's rather interesting opinions that differed from the general majority had Trent levitating towards her.