Chap 6 - 10

DESTINY CHAPTER 6 [18th March 2010]

Sunny was giving Taeyeon a lift to the mechanic where her scooter was being repaired.

Taeyeon was constantly on her phone throughout the journey.

"What are you so busy with?" Sunny questioned.

"Oh I'm messaging Soo-yeon," Taeyeon replied, "I'm supposed to give her a ride on my scooter and bring her for a meal."

"It seems like Soo-yeon has taken over my spot as best friend," teased Sunny.

"Quit fooling around," Taeyeon responded instantaneously, "you know you'll always be my best friend."

"What does that make Soo-yeon then?" Sunny said with a triumph grin.

"She's just another friend I get along with very well," Taeyeon explained.

Truth be told, the two of them hit it off right from the very beginning. Ever since Taeyeon ran into Soo-yeon, the both of them had been constantly in contact.

The conversations they had with each other were unusually engaging and it translated to a daily phone call every night before they went to bed.

The affinity they felt for each other was exceptionally strong.

***

Taeyeon dropped off at the mechanic and thanked Sunny for the ride.

"So I don't expect that I would hear from you for the rest of the day, will I?" Sunny said with a cheeky grin.

"You're not missing me already are you?" Taeyeon rebutted wittily.

"Pfft..I'll see you, enjoy your time with Soo-yeon," said Sunny with a resigned sigh. It was seldom that she could outwit Taeyeon.

Sunny drove off and left Taeyeon to do her thing.

Taeyeon checked on her scooter and made sure that it was in tip-top condition before handing a wad of cash to the mechanic.

Despite her bad ankle, Taeyeon managed to kicked-start her scooter and rode towards Soo-yeon's place.

***

Soo-yeon was standing there, smiling and waving, as she recognised Taeyeon's little black scooter.

It was an oddly familiar scene that reminded Taeyeon of when she was little, and how her mother used to wait for her every single day after school.

That, however, was a thing of the past.

Taeyeon gently tapped on her brakes and cruised to a stop in front of Soo-yeon. She pulled off her full-face helmet and flashed Soo-yeon a wide smile.

"It's time for breakfast," said Taeyeon cheerily.

"It sure is," replied Soo-yeon, "I'm starving."

"Hop on then," chirped Taeyeon as she handed Soo-yeon her other helmet.

Soo-yeon took hold of the helmet and stood her ground as she fiddled clumsily with the alien object in her hands.

Taeyeon noticed and was convinced that this was probably her first experience with a scooter.

Taeyeon tactfully took hold of the helmet, "Here let me help you, the straps get a little tangled at times."

She undid the straps and gently slid the helmet over Soo-yeon's head. She smiled at Soo-yeon assuringly and fastened the straps securely.

"Ok, we're all set," said Taeyeon as she got on to her scooter.

It took Soo-yeon some time to get on, but she succeeded eventually.