46-50

DESTINY CHAPTER 46 [1st May 2010]

It was already 1am and there was still no sign of anyone. Taeyeon had to go to the bathroom so she woke Soo-yeon up first.

"Hey, hey. Wake up," Taeyeon nudged Soo-yeon gently.

Soo-yeon looked at Taeyeon, bleary eyed. "Hmm?"

"I'm going to the bathroom, you can continue sleeping if you want." Taeyeon released her arm from Soo-yeon's grip.

She went to the back and shook Jonghyun. "Wake up, I need to pee."

Jonghyun sat straight up and nodded. He rubbed his eye before waving Taeyeon out the door.

Taeyeon walked to a nearby petrol kiosk to use the bathroom. She also bought some drinks and some snacks for the night.

***

"So how long have you worked with Taeyeon for?" Soo-yeon asked Jonghyun as the both of them sat in the vehicle alone.

"About half a year?" Jonghyun replied. He was seated in his own seat and staring out the window as well.

“How about you? How long have you known her? It seems like the both of you have been friends for the longest time.” Jonghyun asked Soo-yeon in turn.

Soo-yeon laughed. “We got to know each other on her birthday.”

“You mean like this year? I didn’t know her birthday was over already.” Jonghyun said slightly surprised.

“Yup,” Soo-yeon said smiling.

“Wow, I thought the both of you have known each other forever. Anyway I have no idea when her birthday is and I have no idea about her personal life. Come to think of it, everything with her is all work, she’s kind of a private person,” Jonghyun analyzed.

Soo-yeon laughed out loud. “Don’t worry she’s like that to everyone. She clams up like a shell.”

“So how did you get to her?” Jonghyun asked with great curiosity.

“I don’t know, I just did.” Soo-yeon said dreamily, “Just like how she did to me.”

“Cool.” Jonghyun said with a laugh.

The door to the van slid open at that moment and Taeyeon was welcomed by two smiling faces. “Now now, it’s not nice to be talking about me when i’m not around.”

“What makes you think we were talking about you?” Soo-yeon challenged Taeyeon with a mischievous smirk.

“Don’t get her started,” Jonghyun said knowingly.

“Here’s some food and drinks,” Taeyeon said as she placed the bag on the seat.

Jonghyun was about to reach for the bottled drink in the bag when Taeyeon suddenly entered the vehicle and shut the door swiftly.

“Jong get into the drivers seat now. Soo-yeon you shall stay in the vehicle with Jonghyun. I’m getting on my bike, you’ll follow him halfway and I’ll follow him the other half of the way.” Taeyeon quickly grabbed another jacket along with her full-face helmet and got off the van.

Jonghyun had a mutual understanding of what Taeyeon was talking about. She knew that their target had appeared. He climbed into the front seat quietly and swiftly.

“Soo-yeon toss him a cap,” Taeyeon instructed. Soo-yeon followed her instructions obediently.

Before she shut the door, she reminded Jonghyun once more, “Drive safe and keep out of sight. If anything, leave it to me.”