32 - 35

DESTINY CHAPTER 32 [14th April 2010]

There was a knock on the door, “Girls lunch is ready.”

Taeyeon quickly kept away her notebook and headed out the door with Sunny.

“Thanks Soo-yeon,” Sunny said cheerfully.

Taeyeon followed behind and the three of them settled at the table.

“Look at the spread, whoever marries Soo-yeon sure is lucky,” Sunny said with the intention of teasing Taeyeon.

“It’s not much, I have to learn how to cook since nobody else at home does,” said Soo-yeon.

“Oh,” Taeyeon suddenly interrupted, “when are the both of you heading back? My ticket is booked for the twentieth.”

“I have to fly back by the seventeenth so yeah,” Sunny said.

“My flight is booked for the twentieth too. Why don’t you change your flight and return with Sunny instead?” Soo-yeon suggested.

“Oh no the later she returns the better, otherwise she’ll want to stay over at my place again until she’s fully recovered. You know with her mum and all,” said Sunny with every intention of giving both of them some time together.

Soo-yeon looked at Taeyeon and waited for her to say something.

“I’m not changing my flight, we can go back together Soo-yeon,” Taeyeon said as she dipped her spoon into the soup.

“Mmmm..” Sunny said as she licked her lips, “Soo-yeon you sure are a good cook.”

“Eat more then,” Soo-yeon said.

“By the way I spoke to the manager of Treetops Lodge Estate, he said that he’d give us one more room on the house,” Soo-yeon shared with the other two.

“Wow Soo-yeon you sure are amazing. How did you do that?” Sunny asked in awe.

“I just told him the truth, that Taeyeon got hurt in a mugging and that I needed the room for her otherwise I wouldn’t be able to go,” Soo-yeon explained.

“And how are you going to explain Sunny’s presence?” Taeyeon asked.

“It doesn’t matter she’ll just stay in your room so it’s fine,” Soo-yeon said.

“Well thanks Soo-yeon, I heard that the place is amazing!” Sunny said with great excitement.

***

Sunny and Soo-yeon had already returned to their room.

Taeyeon was still up in hers, her brown leather notebook in her hands.

Her fingers trailed the pages of the notebook. She was thankful that her brain was not injured and that she could still think.

Sunny had told her everything and Taeyeon had worked out the entire timeline in the short one hour that Soo-yeon prepared lunch.

Taeyeon had her speculation but she needed time to prove it.

Taeyeon switched off the side light and went to bed.

***

[15th April 2010]

The car from Treetop Lodge had just arrived at the car porch of the apartment.

The driver got off and helped the girls with their luggages.

“I’ll take the front, you can sit in the back with Taeyeon,” Soo-yeon said to Sunny.