Chapter 8: RETURN OF MORIARTY

Last year was a devastating blow for me. I lost a friend whom I considered as a true sister. The sister that I've never had. A part of me that night wanted to give it all up but I remembered the people I care about and the people who cared about me, I thought of what they'll feel if I wasn't around anymore. Then they'll feel worse more that what I feel know. I shouldn't have let my emotions get the better of me, my mistake. But now, I will bring that killer to justice and make sure he pays for all the crimes he's ever committed. 

"Hey pusa!" huh? did he move to our class? "Hi Jake, anong ginagawa mo dito?" naguguluhan kong tanong. "I moved to your class, ang boring sa kabila eh" paliwanag niya. "Hey look, we have anew classmate" I noticed as she entered the classroom and sat at the fourth row, "So miss detective, what can you deduce about her?" Jake challenged me. 

"She's pretty. At bago mo sabihin, confirm lang hah, di ako tibo. Ok, she always glances around her. She's conscious. I think she has a past she trying to get away from. How about you?" tanong ko naman, "Yeah. Your right, but if I can add, she's from a well-off family. Look at her things and her phone. Another thing is, she's gonna have a hard time to fit in here" he deduced and I clapped. "Ang galing!  I-recommend ko kaya siya kay Loki" suggestion ko, "Alam mo naman nangyare six months ago, si Rhea diba? What makes you think that he'll take her?" he reasoned out, "Oh. He will" and I'm gonna make sure of that! 

"Why don't we make a bet? If she joins the club, lilibre mo ako pero kapag hinde, I'll drop the M cases" that's kinda big for me but I trust my deduction skills. "Drop the M cases? That's major, we have a deal" he agreed and we shook hands.

*****

"Hey Rosie, can you get close to Lorelei?" I asked my friend Rosetta. "Sure Kath, pero bakit?" tanong niya and I explained the bet to her. She agreed to my plan. Rest assured, she will join the club. 

*****

Its been a week, time to check if Loki has made Lorelei a member. I went up the clubroom and checked on Loki. "Hey Loki, I heard from Luthor that your club is to be dissolved if you don't recruit more members. I presume you picked Lorelei out?" I confirmed and he nodded. That's all I wanted to hear. "If worst comes to worst, I'll unleash my secret weapon" he said, "Which is?" I asked, "You" he replied and looked at me. I see, kung sakaling magtagal pa sila dahil M is at their throat's, he'll finally include me in the club. "Can't wait" sabi ko at lumabas na ng clubroom. 

While I was walking in the hallway, I came across a crime scene in the laboratory. As much as I want to, I have to lay low and let the QED club do their work. This might be connected to M, so I'll investigate after them. "Inspector Estrada? Pwede po bang after the QED club solves this case, can I investigate as well?" I asked, "Why not join them?" kasi po, incognito agent po ako. "I have my own investigation po" I replied and he finally nodded. Great! Just when I left, Loki arrived. 

As I said earlier, naginvestigate nga ako pagkatapos nila. Tiningnan ko ng maigi ang crime scene. No doubt na murder ito. I know murder or suicide when I see one. Ang dying message? Ang culprit ay si Genesis. At ang dahilan kung bakit pinatay niya ang biktima ay dahil nalaman ng biktima ang ginawa nitong pagkukuha ng mga chemicals sa shelf without permission. I wasn't getting any M vibes in this, kanina lang ng nagsimula pero ng isigaw ni Genesis ang Moriaaaarttyyyy!! That settles it. M is on the move. As Sherlock once said, the game is a foot. 

"HHAHAHAHA lilibre mo ko!!" asar ko kay Jake, "No problem. Basta ikaw" sabi niya sabay kindat. Now he really reminds me of Black Cat. But Black Cat's identity is none of my concern right now, I have other responsibilities. "Shouldn't you be investigating the case upstairs?" he asked but I giggled, "Finished" I replied. "Sige, mauuna na ko! Pupuntahan ko lang si kuya" pagpapaalam ko at pumunta sa Student Council office. Last year, si kuya ang vice president, but now, Luthor is in that position since he won the elections just yesterday. Instead, kuya Adrien is the president's secretary. "Kuya, I want to have a copy of all the files of all the students in junior and senior high" I ordered, "Why?" he asked and gave me a glare. "Fine, I'll give it to you at home" sagot niya at pinalabas na ako. Dumiretso na ako sa classroom namin para sa Math class namin kay Sir Jim Morayta. 

As much as I'm concerned, sinubukan naman namin ni Jake na makikipagkaibigan kay Lorelei, instead of hanging out with us, she always go straight to the clubroom and comes back after break. Wala ba talaga siyang oras para sa amin? Char! Pero katulad nga ng sinabi ko sa deductions ko, she has a past that she wants to lock up, thus she seeks refuge here in Pampanga. She must have trust issues. 

"Kathrine! Tara na daw sa auditorium. May announcement ang student council" ani Rosie. 

"Wait lang, may tatapusin pa ako" kumaway siya at umalis. Pwede ko naman malaman yun mamaya eh, besides, I have to finish our post for the bake sale tomorrow. "Hoy pusa, di ka ba pupunta sa auditorium?" tumalikod ako at nakaporma pala ito. "Muka ba akong pupunta?" sarkastiko kong tanong sa kanya, "Ang sipag mo masyado! Sige na nga, tutulungan kita" alok nito at kumuha ng paintbrush. "Eh?! Kaya ko na ito, sige na pumunta ka na" sabi ko sa kanya. "You sure?" pagpapanigurado niya at tumango ako. "Sige hah, see you later pusa" sabi niya at umalis na. 

JAKE 

After the announcement, I was rushing to be with KAthrine when I bumped into Adrianna and we kissed. DAMN! I didn't mean it but it happened, it was an accident! Ang daming nakakita!! Sigurado akong paguusapan kami nito! Gotta get out of here!! Baka may mangyari pa eh. 

KATHRINE

"Yuck!! I can't believe it!"

"Sila na ba? Akala ko si Kathrine yun?"

"Oh. My. Gash. SOCIAL CLIMBER!!"

"The whole school is talking about it"

What? anong pinaguusapan ng buong school? At bakit nasama ako sa usapan? "Rosie, anong pinaguusapan nila?" I asked her and she was surprised. Bakit ba? Anyare? "Haven't you heard? Adrianna and Jake kissed!" she hissed. Oh.. kaya pala pinaguusapan eh. Jake is popular here and Adrianna is a campus princess. And.. they KISSED?! So si Adrianna pala yung love ni Jake. I'm so blind! Its Ok, wala naman talagang kami eh. But, I don't know why but I can feel my tears welling up in my eyes. But I just decided to ignore it. I'm just a friend. Ganito pala ang ma-friendzoned, alam kona ang nararamdaman ni Black Cat. I'll just focus on the M cases instead. 

I went up to the rooftop and got a call from kuya, "Thanks for the files"I said over the phone, "Yeah sure. Just don't do anything stupid Ok?" he said and I made a face. "You do know that, that's impossible right" I said in between my laughter, "My words fall on deaf ears. Just be careful" he said and hung up. I reviewed some files form some of the students here. "Kath? What are you doing here?" Oh..its him. "Personal stuff. Sige, aalis na ko" pagpapaalam ko at agad na umalis sa rooftop. That was close. Ang sakit pa rin ng puso ko, alam kong hindi naman naging kami pero nahulog kasi ako eh. Ang bigat! Ang sakit! Sana, wala na lang akong emotions para di ko ito maramdaman. 

Later that afternoon, I came upon Emaurade, the student council president. Em is a good friend of mine, di naman kami lagi magkasama dahil sa kanya-kanya naming priorities but the feeling is mutual. "Kath, someone leaked a photo of and and its not appealing" she said nervously, "I see, don't worry Em, I'll tell Luthor about it and we'll stop the secret stalker" I said and she felt relieved. I could have told it to the QED club myself but from what Loki said that I should play it low key, coming to their clubroom is suicide. And if I can solve this, it will take too much of my time. My priority right now is Moriarty. I'll let someone else handle it. Agad akong pumunta sa student council offie and told Luthor of the matter, he wasn't surprised or dissappointed either, he was expressionless. "Em is being blackmailed. There are a series of photos going around it and it needs to stop. Tell the QED club to put a stop to it, by the way, I did some investigating and Charles Meliton is the one in possession of the photos. They just need to retrieve it" I ordered, "Why me? You could have told the QED club about it yourself" he sounded cold, "I have a few run-ins with Loki and seeing him will cause something. It should be you because he is your brother and your the vice president and your good in putting others into a tight spot" I commented and he smirked. He freakin' smirked! "Its as good as done" he replied and left the office.

JAKE

I have to make this right, it was all an accident and people are staring to make crazy imaginations about the kiss. "Adrianna! I'm sorry, that was an accident" I apologized, "I understand. Its Ok Jake" she said and left. Thank goodness.