Chapter 12: STAR OF THE NIGHT

KATHRINE

This weekend, I decided to visit the Moriartea Café. 

"Its nice to see you here again. What can I get for you?" Sigmund said, running to the cashier counter. "I'll have your chocolate espresso and two sugar creme donuts" I ordered. Maglalakas na sana ako ng pera ng magsalita si sir Jameson, "No need to pay. Its on the house" he said, "Thank you sir" sabi ko, "BY the way, di ko pa naipakilala sayo ang crew namin" ani Sigmund. 

"This is Nikolai, siya ang dahilan kung bakit ang linis-linis ng café namin" sabi niya and I turned around to see a guy who's tall, dark and handsome. "Its a pleasure to meet you miss Morisson, I have heard so much about you, well, mostly dahil kay Sigmund" ani Nikolai at sinulyapan ang katabi ko. "And this is Landice. He specializes in making our signature blends" be boasted. LAndice has his eyes almost ocvered up by his hair, I think I'm a few inches taller than him. "Angd finally, Maviel. She's our waitress" he ended. Maviel has this long brown hair and sparkling white teeth as she smiled at me. 

"Well Kathrine, care to deduce our employees here?" sir Jameson challenged. 

"I'll give my best" sabi ko at tiningnan sila ng maigi. 

"lets start with you Landice, your brilliant in your deductive skills. From the looks of it, you don't need to leave the café to solve a case as long as the resources are available within your reach. I assume that you rank the highest among the four of them too. And my guess is that you dropped out of school because of something like.. a scandal? incident? Nikolai, you have mastered the art of stalking and your a criminology student. Sigmund, your a psychology student. Your the ind of detective that can do both the investigation and the footwork. You've been training girls into the detective work. Either you blackmail them or they join willingly and that's for you Maviel. Your probably Sigmund's protégé, he blackmailed you into working here. My guess, your parents couldn't afford to send you to school so you had to work, you met Sigmund and he offered you a job here. But you refused so you tried other establishments but they wouldn't accept you. You found out that he was the whole reason for all this but because you don't have any other choice, thus, your working here. Did I hit a bullseye?" I asked all of them. 

"Your amazing! Even better than Landice!" Nikolai exclaimed, "Hey!" saway ni Landice. "That was so cool! I must say that its truly an honor to meet you" Sigmund said and bowed a little, "Oh.. di ka na nakapagsalita diyan Mav, were you struck by my idol's prowess in the science of deduction adn art of detection?" Sigmund asked. "S-Sorry, she just got everything right" sabi ni Mav na namamangha pa rin. 

"And that is why she excelled as my most valued student. Come to think of it, she excelled in all of her classes. She's the only one with a perfect clearance rate of 28/28 in her missions and..." ito na naman si sir sa napaka-haba at napaka-detailed na enumeration ng mga kaya kong gawin. Grabe talaga si sir!! 

"So, where would you like to sit?" Sigmund asked and i pointed near the end corner of the room na tinatamaan ng sunlight, I think its a perfect spot to read. "Thanks Sig" sabi ko at umalis siya. 

"You know Mav, if you ought to be a great detective one day, you could learn a thing or two from Kathrine" sabi ni sir na narinig ko, "Oh.. I.. I don't know, pero kung Ok lang sa kanya, I'd love too" medyo nahihiya pa siya sakin. "Of course I'd teach you, but right after this" sabi ko at kinagatan ang donut. "Excellent! Uhm.. Idol, makikisama ako hah. Baka may matutunan din ako" sabi ni Sig na para bang bata dahil sa inaasta niya, "Sure" bungad ko. "Sandali lang. Kung speciality niya ay stealth assault, assassinations and undercover missions, sasali na ako. I want to learn more to be a more effective stalker" ani Nikolai. "Alright" sagot ko.