3

"I guess there are arrogant people everywhere" -Shirayuki

(Zen's POV)

I laid awake in bed staring up at the ceiling, still incapable to comprehend that me and Shirayuki are dating, in secret for now, but still. I laughed at the thought of how pathetic I must look to be so happy, like a dumb animal. I felt Shirayuki rub her head against my arm she way laying on as she slowly looked up. She mumbled my name, her morning voice was slightly hoarse but still honey smooth. Another thing to love, I thought to myself. 

"Yes Shirayuki?" I whispered back, stroking the side of her with my arm that she was resting against, she nuzzled into my arm. 

"Can't this moment last forever." Shirayuki said out loud. 

"I don't want it to." I said and Shirayuki looked at me confused.

"What do you mean..." Shirayuki said with worry, I immediately corrected myself. 

"If we just lay here we can't make more good memories together" I chuckled and kissed her forehead, she pouted but smiled for me anyways in the end. 

"Shirayuki.." I continued, as she reached out her right hand to play with my hair. I took a moment to lean into her hand to show that I loved it. 

"Remember when I said the color of your hair means fate?" I said and looked at her, she looked back at me with a confused expression.

"Yes, why?" Shirayuki said and smiled at me curiously. Her smile stuck my heart and I smiled.

"Would you accept me as a part of your future?" I asked but I felt a little nervous for what she would say. 

"I sure hope you are." She said back with sarcasm as she rose up to give me a small peck on the lips. Our eyes met for a second before I pulled her in for another more deeply kiss, not satisfied with the first. We pulled apart and just looked at each other, appreciating the calm silence for a while before I asked her to meet me again tonight. She agreed but asked why.

"We can't really have a date now, can we?" I asked and chuckled at her surprised smile, I rubbed the top of her hair as she was too cute to resist. I gave her another tender kiss and sat up on the bed, 

"Well then, we have work to do and Mitsuhide will suspect something if we don't hurry." I said and sighed mentally, I did want to stay a bit longer though..

"Something.." Shirayuki whispered, I looked at her funny then blushed at the 'something' thought. We kissed at the door before Shirayuki walked alongside the corridor. 

"What did you two do in there?" I heard a familiar voice and looked behind me, it was my brother who stood casually against the wall as he smirked at me. Rolling our the sentence. 

"What do you have to do with it?" I said sharply and glared at him. He pretended to look offended.

"Ouch. That hurts, Zen. I am your older brother after all." Izana said and grabbed his shirt as if he was in pain.

"Sadly yes." I shrugged and started walking, him in pursuit. 

"What did Shirayuki do to you?" Izana said impressed and walked faster to catch my speed. 

"Nothing." I answered. I don't mean any harm, more than usual, to brother, but I felt like I needed to hurry to meet up with the others or they really would expect something happened and I don't want to drag Shirayuki into it.

"I see." Brother said and chuckled as he waved me farewell at the end of the corridor. I walked to the castle's training ground and saw the others standing by the sword dummies.